Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Product Review Section (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/product-review-section-35/)
-   -   DO NOT ORDER WARNING! (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/product-review-section-35/do-not-order-warning-5211/)

JCS 03-07-2007 12:54 PM

DO NOT ORDER WARNING!

mods if this belongs somewhere else please feel free to move it for maximum exposure.

I don't normally bash things but don't want any of you good people to go throught this.

I having been trying to get parts for my truck for over a week and a half now from
"Auto Parts Warehouse" an internet parts place.
They can't seem to email me with any order information.
I've called three or four times and been told parts have been shipped, still don't have them.
Called yesterday and was told parts are on back order form another warehouse and have been shipped. Told them to cancel the order.
Called today to make sure order was cancelled and they refused to cancel it saying parts have already been shipped. Been told that before. Guess I could just refuse package from UPS and start over.

Any way BEWARE.

extanker 03-07-2007 01:54 PM

RE: DO NOT ORDER WARNING!

when did they tell you the parts would be in.a week and a half is long but what type of parts and calling four times.what do you expect from the internet.got anything in writing.let the buyer beware.special order and you pay restocking fee.sorry about all the negs but not much info

JCS 03-08-2007 10:10 AM

I've ordered plenty on the internet, matter of fact, a Crutchfield order is due tomorrow. I'm not stupid, that of course is a matter of opinion. The web site looked professional and well done. For all I know I'm the only one that has ever had a problem....nah.
I didn't think anyone wanted the details but here you go.
The part was for a drivers door run channel (weather strip) on a 1998 pickup that same model runs from 1995-2000. Hardly a special order I would think.(the cab would have standing water in it after a rain,hence the part order)
The order initially was to come with an email confirmation and an order number. I never got an email, ever. I called about that as well.The calls went to of course India, it seems that a lot of companiies are doing that.
I am told that I can refuse the package if it ever showsupand it will be sent directly back. Ihavealso called my credit card compaany and they said they would investigate if needed.
The worst part of all the local GM dealer could have ordered the part had it in three days for $45 more that the internet site.
I did not want sympathy just wanted to help other people not have to go throught the hassle.
JCS

Black86vette 03-10-2007 02:54 PM

I would get your credit card company involved so you wont have to pay. Also you could talk to the "better business beouro". Theyd set things straight. I think this is a good post showing that alot of things over the internet are not what they seem.

extanker 03-12-2007 11:12 PM

my opine .some that ya need to fit perfect ya go oem

DeeVeeEight 12-07-2007 06:18 PM

Unfortunately for all, there are many internet sellers that should be shot on sight. These less than professional companies make it difficult for good buyers and sellers to conduct business. I have sworn off of ebay for this very reason. The only way I will buy off of the net is if the seller is within 100 miles, then I can go and VISIT the SOB if he screws me. Long distance purchases are too much of a gamble.

My .02

C3 Starship 12-08-2007 12:48 PM

I hear horror stories, at least once a month, about e-bay boondoggles. [:@]
I wouldn't trust them myself. And Pay-Pal? They recently informed me that several people over seas have been tryin' to use my account.[:@][:@]
I'm hoping that someone on the forums will come up with the rims I'm lookin' for. Heck, I'll drive to get them. :D
But ya know, I feel that our members are pretty trustworthy. Still, I think I'd order C.O.D. ;)
I guess there are no guarentees any more. [&o]

Drdino52 02-02-2008 11:35 AM

Not to stick up for any company that outsources jobs to India when so many Americans can't find work, but a main Internet cable broke under the mediterranean sea last week and it left Asia and India without Internet connection so that could be part of your problem ?

cwb 02-02-2008 11:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Drdino52

Not to stick up for any company that outsources jobs to India when so many Americans can't find work, but a main Internet cable broke under the mediterranean sea last week and it left Asia and India without Internet connection so that could be part of your problem ?
Underwater cable?

Lemme' guess... couldn't get a 'dial' tone??? Loch Ness monster stepped on it? Maybe just a school of unicorns near it?

I think they use satellites, drdino...

C3 Starship 02-03-2008 01:28 PM

I heard the same story on the news. Broken cable shut 'em down. ;)

( ...and it wasn't the Lock Ness monster, or Unicorns. It was Big Foot in a wet suit. :D)