Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Sights 'N Sounds (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/)
-   -   How to Drive a Vette (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/how-drive-vette-4468/)

PAY2PLAY 12-24-2006 10:52 PM

How to Drive a Vette

Definitely not one of the smartest videos I've seen in a while: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qB2tmM9o3Q

C3 Starship 12-25-2006 11:48 AM

RE: How to Drive a Vette

Well, it's takin' forever to download, sorry, got other mail to answer this mornin'.

How to drive a Vette?
Left foot up, right foot down!!!:D

Lee Willis 12-25-2006 12:24 PM

Both drivers are complete idiots.

predator 12-25-2006 12:35 PM

hmm looks like my afternoon commute...

-me

C3 Starship 12-25-2006 01:07 PM

O. K.,...........
I watched about 2 min. of it.
What idiots!!!
That's just the kinda crap that gives us all a bad rep.
No concideration for others on the road. This Schmidt belongs on a track.
They just aren't thinkin' of the possibilities........one move by another driver, and it's "Lights out" for them and prob someones kids![:@]
What if someone doesn't see them commin', and slips out in front of them?
I don't trust the generalpublic well enough, to drive like that in traffic. An open empty road, is another thing.

gorichb 12-25-2006 01:14 PM

That was PLAIN stupid.
Not too mention the video was edited, and I'm sure it was made just to be posted on the internet.
That could have easily turned out ugly if they would have hit someone. I kept trying to read the signs to see where that was.

predator 12-25-2006 02:02 PM

btw i was kidding about that being my afternoon commute for the reason that other ppl are idiots and ppl drive 45 int he fast lane...

-me

PAY2PLAY 12-25-2006 07:12 PM

I couldn't beleive what I was seeing when I first starting watching it. I love to have fun with the Vette everynow and then too, but that is just plain stupid and disrepectful to everybody else on the road.

blueshark 12-26-2006 02:00 AM

Couple of "maniacs", like George Carlin says. could only read a couple signs like Willis ave., hillside ave.Roslyn Hights, Litte High prky. Looks like the the NJ parkway sorta.

rjensen 12-28-2006 01:18 AM

Yes, that is beyond stupid; unfortunately, I have seen drivers like these guys and not to long ago. One was a red vetteand one was a red porsche. Sad, sad, sad.

Total JACKA$$ES IMO.

Navy Flyboy 12-28-2006 03:00 AM

Yeah, I love watching videos like that, but that's as close as I'll ever get to doing something like that. The ONLY disrespectful thing I do (I don't think it is, but I'm sure some people would say it is) is when I see some OLD lady in front of me, I'll slowly and quietly get beside her, then drop from 5th or 6th down to 2nd or 3rd and PUNCH IT. Makes 'em poop their pants. I think it's hilarious. O well, that's just me though.

C3 Starship 12-28-2006 10:08 AM

Watch out for those little ol' ladys,:D My mom is 83, and can still slam-bang the four speed in the "Starship"!;)
She gave me my first ride, in a new '58 Vette, that gave me the bug!:)
Pinned me right back in the seat, with a big ol' grin on my face!;)

PAY2PLAY 12-28-2006 10:47 AM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Watch out for those little ol' ladys,:D My mom is 83, and can still slam-bang the four speed in the "Starship"!;)
She gave me my first ride, in a new '58 Vette, that gave me the bug!:)
Pinned me right back in the seat, with a big ol' grin on my face!;)
I meet an older gentleman at a Corvette show that said his wife will race anybody that pulls up next to her.

blueshark 12-29-2006 12:26 AM

When I was a kid one of my buddy's grandmother had a '72(I think) Trans Am with the HD 455/4 spd., headerswith cut outs and all.She smoked a lot of "Punk A$$" in that thing. most of us anyway. My buddy's father, her son, was GM at the local Pontiac dealership.

PAY2PLAY 12-29-2006 02:54 AM

I guess you just have to admit men like women with a little racing spirit in them. If its a pretty young woman its hot, and if its an older woman its just pretty damn cool.:D

SilverSurfer 01-02-2007 12:13 AM

Too bad no one has their plate numbers to hand over to the state troopers. It is called "wreckless endangerment of lives" folks.

pg 01-02-2007 03:59 AM

That was Northern State Pkwy from Nassau county going into Queens on a Saturday Morning at about 95 mph. PG

Str8upChevy 01-02-2007 04:50 AM

Man Oh Man.......talk about a flash back from like 10 years ago. I remember doing stupid crap like that during my wild days.In fact I'm embarrased to evenadmit I did stuff like that.I don't thinkI even cared about what would have happen to me at the time.....that's why I did it. I'm just so glad I grew up and realized I stupid it wasbefore hurting anybody. (myself included)
I read as high as 113 mph in the HUD on that video. That's just stupid, no matter how well a person can drive a car.

[QUOTE by Navy Flyboy] When I see some OLD lady in front of me, I'll slowly and quietly get beside her, then drop from 5th or 6th down to 2nd or 3rd and PUNCH IT. Makes 'em poop their pants. I think it's hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? Scaring some poor inocent old lady into messing her pants.......you think that's hilarious? WOW........I'm sorry but that has to be one of the sadest things I've ever readin an onlineforum. I don't even know what else to say.

SilverSurfer 01-02-2007 11:40 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sp6VQpG8CRE

This is a W-A-Y better video to watch than a couple of dumbasses a little too hopped up on "testoseroni" (that San Francisco treat).

Enjoy.

PAY2PLAY 01-02-2007 12:24 PM

ORIGINAL: SilverSurfer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sp6VQpG8CRE

This is a W-A-Y better video to watch than a couple of dumbasses a little too hopped up on "testoseroni" (that San Francisco treat).

Enjoy.
That was a good video, don't think I have ever watched a car race fuel before.

Navy Flyboy 01-02-2007 12:24 PM

I do have to say, guy may not be too bright, but he has good taste in music, I just bought that cd a few days ago and that's what of my "driving" songs now, because I have it on a compilation cd with a bunch of adreniline pumping songs.

Navy Flyboy 01-02-2007 12:32 PM

I'm not being literal about the messing of the pants bro, I seriously hope I have never done that, I just think it's funny to see some old lady in some big ole car shaking her fist or cussing me out cause my cars too loud or something like that. My dad owns his own business here in town and everyone knows my car. So they'll go tell him that I'm driving reckless and stuff, he'll come ask me, and I'll tell him exactly what happened and he'll shake his head and say something like, "You got too much of me in ya, kid" or something like that. No one in my town are really gear-heads. I mean, we have two classic car clubs here, but that's it, and those people never get out and drive there cars. And there are only like 2 or 3 ricers in town so there goes my hopes of starting a younger and newer car club. Anyway, I'm not cruel to where I think somebody soiling themselves is funny (except some kids I know that do it when they are drunk).

SilverSurfer 01-02-2007 11:15 PM

Hey Navy,

I just wish those yahoo's on the highway are members of this forum and realize what a dumbass move that was. Speed is for the track or in a controlled environment or lastly, under extreme conditions (read: you have to get your pregnant wife to the hospital).

dean 01-06-2007 10:43 PM

I thought they were on the SS parkway.

Javette 01-10-2007 09:21 PM

You can drive that way in the family sedan (many do) rude is rude, bad driving is bad driving. It's modern day driving.

dixonk 01-26-2007 05:06 AM

That whole stretch of road and not one cop??? Where is this place?

gorichb 01-26-2007 01:41 PM

Wherever it is I wouldn't want to be driving through with peops' like that on the road!

riley 02-15-2007 07:35 PM

I just watched the video. Wow. Now, while I agree that driving like that is just plain stupid, I'd love to give it a try. I'd never drive like that in traffic, but I was getting an adrenaline rush just watching the video.

If I had a billion dollars I'd rent a freeway somewhere and pay a couple hundred stunt men to drive down it so that I could weave in and out of traffic at 120 mph.

ljg 07-04-2007 04:56 PM

And they didn't get arrested?!!!!

JoeVetteman 07-23-2007 11:44 AM

Plain lunacy.I know the Vette was built to be very fast and fun,but there's a time and a place to enjoy it.A highway full of other commuters is definitely not the proper place to have a "quick" run with a Vette,or any other fast vehicle for that matter.Just imagine if one of them had lost control.

PAY2PLAY 07-24-2007 08:50 AM

I just watched this video again for the first time since last year. I completely forgot how damn stupid these guys are. I can't imagine the ignorance it takes to do something like that.