Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Sights 'N Sounds (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/)
-   -   Miss the vette but.......... (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/miss-vette-but-7969/)

chargedvette02 10-21-2007 05:17 PM

Miss the vette but..........

4 Attachment(s)
But I could never do this in it.:DBasically we got 6 inces of snow today and I decided I would go up and down gold camp road. Gold Camp road is a dirt road at about 7-8k feet of elevation in the rocky mountains, needless to say I was the only car up there surrounded by lots of trucks.:)

Here is the aftermath, the pictures do it no justice though; the car is damn dirty.;)

Attachment 2221
Attachment 2222
Attachment 2223
Attachment 2224

blueshark 10-21-2007 05:39 PM

RE: Miss the vette but..........

Cool!...No sense wastin' time breakin' it in. Runnin' in the wild is fun. Just watch out for trees and big rocks Little Brother. Is the AWD full time or can you run with 2WD when you want? I still haven't seen any here, and I've been lookin' to. Cheers

chargedvette02 10-21-2007 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Cool!...No sense wastin' time breakin' it in. Runnin' in the wild is fun. Just watch out for trees and big rocks Little Brother. Is the AWD full time or can you run with 2WD when you want? I still haven't seen any here, and I've been lookin' to. Cheers
It's awd all the time but I can control the center diff. Basically there is a control in the car to change the power settings to say 40/60 as well as 4 other settings, so 40 percent power in the front and 60 percent in the back. I can also lock it so its even distribution all around.

rjensen 10-21-2007 10:18 PM

When I lived in Golden, many moons ago, I had a VW Bug - talk about scary on the snowy roads. . . bad tires . . . and almost no brakes . . . I was too young and dumb to be scared. BOY, THEY WERE FUN DAYS.

Luke - hope you are having all kinds of fun with your new ride.

p.s. I am loving my new s/c. ;)

chargedvette02 10-21-2007 10:53 PM

ORIGINAL: rjensen

When I lived in Golden, many moons ago, I had a VW Bug - talk about scary on the snowy roads. . . bad tires . . . and almost no brakes . . . I was too young and dumb to be scared. BOY, THEY WERE FUN DAYS.

Luke - hope you are having all kinds of fun with your new ride.

p.s. I am loving my new s/c. ;)
I knew you would. It's like a whole different car huh.:)

PAY2PLAY 10-23-2007 12:00 AM

Pretty cool, I have visions of rally cross in my head when I read this thread and look at those pictures.

pewter2000 10-23-2007 08:53 AM

Looks like you took out a pretty big bird...or is that NOT a feather in the grill?! :D

chargedvette02 10-23-2007 12:33 PM

ORIGINAL: pewter2000

Looks like you took out a pretty big bird...or is that NOT a feather in the grill?! :D
HAHAHAHAHAHAH, It was part of a tumble weed.:DAfter I saw the picture I went to the garage and took it out.

chargedvette02 10-23-2007 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: PAY2PLAY

Pretty cool, I have visions of rally cross in my head when I read this thread and look at those pictures.
It basically is pay, I just go a bit slower than the pros do.;)

D327 10-24-2007 12:32 AM

Looks like your having some winter fun with the new car. I was going to take my Vette out for a Sunday drive. Plans changed when I woke up to a big brush fire here in San Diego.