Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Sights 'N Sounds (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/)
-   -   Vette vs Subaru STi (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/vette-vs-subaru-sti-2649/)

Subaru4u 08-14-2006 12:59 AM

Vette vs Subaru STi

here ya go, enjoy

http://www.crawfordperformance.com/g...sti_vs_z06.wmv

It's okay, the Z06 only has 4 more cylinders than the STi

chargedvette02 08-14-2006 02:56 AM

RE: Vette vs Subaru STi

It's ok that SUBARU is loaded and the vette is stock wow impressive.[:-]

Also there is a thing called status, 90 out of 100 people would rather be driving a vette that looses to a subaru. It's all about status, Im 21 and could easily be driving a piece like a subaru sti. But I decide to go for real power and get a c5 vette that is supercharge putting out over 500 hp for about the same price as an 300 hp sti. I havent even had a Subaru that could stay with me past 2nd gear.

It's ok though u drive a subaru!

Patrick 08-14-2006 05:00 PM

so, a few questions...i will assume from your attitude that youre a troll and you probably wont reply, but its worth a shot..

first off, a heavily modified AWD car should be able to handle a stock Z06, regardless of the number of cylinders.

Second, the vette seemed to be having no problems with you, as he had a hell of a lead for a while, and eventually you caught up and passed him, and he seemed to put up very little fight. I would have to think that as easily as he pulled away from you once he cleared the few other cars, that he simply let off it, and you went around him. I also noticed that the firebird waived you around, and the mustang and 350Z put up no real fight, they might as well have been pace cars.

I can only be lead to believe that this video was staged by crawford performance as a desperate attempt to draw attention from subbie fanboys...especially if they support trolls like yourself. :eek:

Lee Willis 08-15-2006 12:08 AM

Yeah, patrick is right. It is sort of obvious if you watch it several times -- the vette can pretty much have its way with everything until, near the end, it just slows -- note how much less lurry and fast the landscape is going by in those final scenes -- when the STi finally passes him, not much of a blur anymore, noticeably slower -- he probably got bored with the whole thing at that point and just said, "what is left to prove?"

skywalker 08-15-2006 02:29 AM

Well to be honest guys this Corvette was not stock, it includes a full exhaust system, been rechipped and has some nice stickies on it. The vette was fast to say the least and got a little tail happy in the corners. Of course that is where the STi shined but on the straight away it was a good fight. Just wait till next time when we actually put in an engine besides the stock short block. :)

By the way the vette ran a 1:28.7 I believe, which is damn fast for that track. The track record the previous year for that class (NASA TTR) was a 1:29.xxx but a Radical destroyed it this year with a 1:26.0XX and currently holds the record. The STi pulled in a blistering time of 1:26.7XX, and now holds the track record for that class (NASA TTU).

If you have any questions go ahead and ask, I will try my best to answer them. If anyone wants a ride, you are more than welcome to stop by the shop. ;)

Cheers,
William T. Knose Jr.
Lead Programmer
Crawford Performance / I-Speed USA

Subaru4u 08-15-2006 03:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

so, a few questions...i will assume from your attitude that youre a troll and you probably wont reply, but its worth a shot..

first off, a heavily modified AWD car should be able to handle a stock Z06, regardless of the number of cylinders.

Second, the vette seemed to be having no problems with you, as he had a hell of a lead for a while, and eventually you caught up and passed him, and he seemed to put up very little fight. I would have to think that as easily as he pulled away from you once he cleared the few other cars, that he simply let off it, and you went around him. I also noticed that the firebird waived you around, and the mustang and 350Z put up no real fight, they might as well have been pace cars.

I can only be lead to believe that this video was staged by crawford performance as a desperate attempt to draw attention from subbie fanboys...especially if they support trolls like yourself. :eek:

First of all, i'm not a TROLL. I like seeing Admins flame people though just because someone else posts something that gets them all fired up. It's not MY car that is in that video. I'm not turning enough HP to take on that track. I'm sorry that my 265 HP out of my little STOCK 2.0L isn't enough per cylinder for you! lol Wait, lets look at that. That would mean that if mine was a v8, it would have to be turning 530 HP to be the same hp per cylinder? And that isn't even counting on the displacement because with the same displacement per cylinder, it would be a really small v8 at only 4.0L!

As for status... if I wanted a corvette, I would get something OLDER like an old stingray or something. But then again, this is coming from a 21 year old who still has a chip on his shoulder who thinks that he has something to prove and that he needs to have something that makes him look like he has a lot of money to get the girl!

As for getting bored... people don't just "get bored" in the middle of a race! Go race in one and then get back to me about how you 'got bored' because you thought that you could win, but a 'ricer' was beating you. I guess that your boredom would keep you from getting first!

Also, I have a couple questions for you guys. Can you drive your car if there is snow? Can you drive your car anywhere there is speed bumps? How about dirt roads, do vettes like those? Nope.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE corvettes, but I prefer my daily driver to be able to be driven all year long. (yes I live in the North so I do need to deal with several feet of snow each year, and dirt roads upon occation) I also did just post that video to get you die hard "if you aren't driving a corvette, you aren't S#&t" owners all stirred up.

On another note, ask William if you want someone to show you that the video is NOT staged. Thanks

chargedvette02 08-15-2006 05:13 AM

Hey chump, I've been with my girly 6 years so that "get the girl argument" is shot down sorry. I come from money "not trying to look like it, look at the house in the background of some of my pics not your average house" unlike you I like the better things in life IE CORVETTE not some SUBARU wana b fast car. I take my girly out to Mortons for a nice dinner and you take your girly out to Texas Road House, it's ok though, some people would rather go to the cheaper place to eat just like some people would rather drive cheaper cars. I wasn't the one on your forums trying to talk smack, it seems like you have a chip on your shoulder.

Can I drive my car if there is snow? Well, with blizzaks yes, but unlike u I have 2 cars, one for winter (cool concept huh) one for summer ding ding ding. As for dirt road driving wtf I can drive on dirt roads, granted my car is lowered it has to be a nice dirt road. Are you talking about rally racing on dirt roads because I think your Subaru would win but you know people rally race everyday. ;) Also man your talking about speed bumps rofl wow wow wow wow wow. My car again is lowered, most of the other vettes on here are not lowered. I can go over speed bumps hahahahaah soooooo im sure they can 2.

Also your engine theory sucks bad, if ur car was a v8 putting out that per cylinder your engine would weigh double what it does now (u doubled the hp so I doubled the weight) so A LOT. But thats ur theory not mine. How long do you think that little displacement engine would last under that much hp 2 - 3 thousand miles before major things would go wrong. I can drive my car at 460 some odd hp at the wheels and not have to worry about my engine failing.

One more thing, do you want me to post some videos of subarus getting blown off the road by vettes? That is basically what u did found some random video pretty easy to do.

BY THE WAY IF YOU ARENT DRIVING A CORVETTE YOU ARENT SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TopSpeed 08-15-2006 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Subaru4u
First of all, i'm not a TROLL. I like seeing Admins flame people though just because someone else posts something that gets them all fired up. It's not MY car that is in that video. I'm not turning enough HP to take on that track. I'm sorry that my 265 HP out of my little STOCK 2.0L isn't enough per cylinder for you! lol Wait, lets look at that. That would mean that if mine was a v8, it would have to be turning 530 HP to be the same hp per cylinder? And that isn't even counting on the displacement because with the same displacement per cylinder, it would be a really small v8 at only 4.0L!

As for status... if I wanted a corvette, I would get something OLDER like an old stingray or something. But then again, this is coming from a 21 year old who still has a chip on his shoulder who thinks that he has something to prove and that he needs to have something that makes him look like he has a lot of money to get the girl!

As for getting bored... people don't just "get bored" in the middle of a race! Go race in one and then get back to me about how you 'got bored' because you thought that you could win, but a 'ricer' was beating you. I guess that your boredom would keep you from getting first!

Also, I have a couple questions for you guys. Can you drive your car if there is snow? Can you drive your car anywhere there is speed bumps? How about dirt roads, do vettes like those? Nope.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE corvettes, but I prefer my daily driver to be able to be driven all year long. (yes I live in the North so I do need to deal with several feet of snow each year, and dirt roads upon occation) I also did just post that video to get you die hard "if you aren't driving a corvette, you aren't S#&t" owners all stirred up.

On another note, ask William if you want someone to show you that the video is NOT staged. Thanks
Did you spend a lot of time as a little boy running headlong into brick walls? Wouldn't it be far more fun to post that video on a Subaru site, so you and your buddies can sit around snarfin' down a waffle cones, talking yourselves into a superiority complex? I have no clue what you expected posting something like that on a 'Vette site.

Maybe when you mature a bit, this will make sense to you. Until then, I expect further crap is inbound.

TopSpeed 08-15-2006 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Subaru4u
But then again, this is coming from a 21 year old who still has a chip on his shoulder who thinks that he has something to prove...
By the way, they've got blue pills for that these days.

Lee Willis 08-15-2006 06:33 PM

This whole thread is lame, guys. Spend enough money and you can make an STi faster than a Bugatti. I don't necessarily believe anything in the post or any claims made: I've seen no end of BS on the internet but mostly this just not matter. You do have to askwhy someone would post something like that here. I imagine Suburu4u is just a troublemaker who isn't getting enough attention from his Suburu sites, so he has to come here to get noticed.

Just ignore him.