Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Sights 'N Sounds (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/)
-   -   a wicked skyline,, check it out (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/wicked-skyline-check-out-3007/)

corvette king 09-08-2006 06:44 PM

a wicked skyline,, check it out

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m...san300ZXtw.flv

TopSpeed 09-08-2006 09:09 PM

RE: a wicked skyline,, check it out

Holy CRAP, that thing is fast! Yeh, those Skyline's can be real closet sleepers if you aren't familiar with 'em. My buddy here says they also come in AWD, although I don't know if that's fact or not.... that thing wouldn't touch anything you drive, Richard, but yeh, it'd kill me!! That's for sure.

To be honest, though, I just can't seem to get too excited about the sound of those imports. I DO admire the technology and work that has gone into it, for sure, but me? I'm ol' school V8 boy. :)

WICKED video! Thanks for sharin'!

corvette king 09-08-2006 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Holy CRAP, that thing is fast! Yeh, those Skyline's can be real closet sleepers if you aren't familiar with 'em. My buddy here says they also come in AWD, although I don't know if that's fact or not.... that thing wouldn't touch anything you drive, Richard, but yeh, it'd kill me!! That's for sure.

To be honest, though, I just can't seem to get too excited about the sound of those imports. I DO admire the technology and work that has gone into it, for sure, but me? I'm ol' school V8 boy. :)

WICKED video! Thanks for sharin'!
thats the only import i like.:D

94blackC4 09-08-2006 11:01 PM

Ehhh

PAY2PLAY 09-09-2006 01:18 AM

When I first saw the car I was about to make fun of it, then I saw it in action and WOW.

TopSpeed 09-12-2006 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: PAY2PLAY

When I first saw the car I was about to make fun of it, then I saw it in action and WOW.
Yeh, there's one here in town that catches some guys by surprise at times. But, it still looks like an import, so.....

SperasC3 09-12-2006 11:02 PM

Theres a guy in Chicago (Marko) thats got a white Supra, you might have seen videos of it, but it ran mid 8s consistantly and it was a street car. Dynoed 1100ish whp, dynoed 1456 when the boost spiked up to 50some psi, but it didnt break. Thats a sweet car, looks totally stock, well, besides the huge tires.

TopSpeed 09-13-2006 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: SperasC3

Theres a guy in Chicago (Marko) thats got a white Supra, you might have seen videos of it, but it ran mid 8s consistantly and it was a street car. Dynoed 1100ish whp, dynoed 1456 when the boost spiked up to 50some psi, but it didnt break. Thats a sweet car, looks totally stock, well, besides the huge tires.
That's just insane... I haven't seen any videos of that beast... do you happen to know where they might be?

thespannerboys 10-19-2006 02:53 PM

I just got back from 2 years in Japan, ( Im in the NAVY ) I hate skylines, they are a dime a dozen there, when ever a new guy checked in my command on the island the first thing they want to do is get a GTR....I told them wait 2 weeks and see if you still want to get one. Then you have those die hard guys that want to import them back to the states...and pay the 17,000$ import/conversion tax. I didnt get into the car scene over there, unfortunatly it isnt like Tokyo Drifting:( I bought a Porsche 951 when I was in Germany, and went through all the hassel of importing that back.....NEVER AGIAN, check out the pic, thats my vette, porsche, and bike! cheers!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/3562/82A7C41434034B7CBEFBCDC2B1672194.jpg[/IMG]