Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Sights 'N Sounds (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/)
-   -   Z06 Drifting!!! (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/z06-drifting-4546/)

PAY2PLAY 12-31-2006 09:23 PM

Z06 Drifting!!!

Click_Here

C3 Starship 12-31-2006 10:48 PM

RE: Z06 Drifting!!!

That's pretty cool.:) I learned to drift in my mid teens, on dirt roads, later on the stock car track. I still like to go driftin' when it snows.:D
I noticed that it was rainin', that makes it a little easier.;)

Navy Flyboy 01-01-2007 02:48 AM

I got 2 questions.
/
1. How do you manage to find such sweet videos all the time Pay? What is your secret?

2. Are there any verbal instructions you could give on how to drift Starship? I'd really love to know how to do stuff like that.

PAY2PLAY 01-01-2007 06:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Navy Flyboy

I got 2 questions.
/
1. How do you manage to find such sweet videos all the time Pay? What is your secret?

2. Are there any verbal instructions you could give on how to drift Starship? I'd really love to know how to do stuff like that.
I guess you can call me a video theif. I am a member on a few different forum sites and whenever I come across something good on another site, I feel it is my duty to share it with my #1 Corvette forum site. I am a sort of an internet Robin Hood.:D

gorichb 01-01-2007 01:13 PM

That was a cool video
I don't even waste my time looking for these videos on the internet, I just wait for Pay to post them

:D:D

C3 Starship 01-01-2007 01:14 PM

If you were here, I could show you how.......
1st, you have to have the power to break the rear loose on the type of surface you are drivin'. For instance, on a snow covered road, I can drift all day at1 to 10 miles an hour, in any rear wheel drive car.
It is really just a controled skid, or slide. By feathering the trottle, and working the steering wheel, steering into and out of the slide,you can maintain the degree of slide.I generally start by downshifting and dropping the hammer. If youback off on the throttle,your rear tires will regain traction and you can straighten out.
It takes practice, so I recomend that you find a parking lot to practice at. I suggest you work on doing figure 8's. Start from a stop, spin your rear tires, and turn your steering wheel back and forth, this will give you the idea. After a rain will promote the loss of traction. You don't have to be goin fast, you can drift at very low speeds. The tighter the turn, the lower speed is used. I wouldn't recomend drifting at 80 mph., unless you have the technique down, and the room.Work into it, as your confidence builds. Don't get in a hurry, it takes time to develope your technique. Bare in mind, I've been doin this for some 40 yrs now, and I still aproach it with caution. There is a fine line between control and disaster. A two wheel drift is one thing, but when you get into 4 wheel driftin', it can get real hairy, real fast.
Other than what I have stated, it becomes a "feelin' "!
Oh ya, be prepared to buy some more tires, they will wear very fast.! You are doin' a sustained "burn out".
Good luck, and have fun!:)

Navy Flyboy 01-03-2007 12:27 AM

I guess the easiest (safest) way to learn is in a C-5. ASM sure would be a saving grace huh?

C3 Starship 01-03-2007 12:43 AM

I learned in a '54 Jeep PU. Only had 2wdr., but on the dirt, anything will do!:D
Safe is where, safe is!
Safe is, what safe is!

blueshark 01-03-2007 01:26 AM

Like I tell my wife when she tells me to get off the KX500...."Gotta die of somethin' " LOL[sm=lol.gif]

BluBeaSSt 01-06-2007 12:30 AM

I guess the easiest (safest) way to learn is in a C-5. ASM sure would be a saving grace huh?
I would say not! Lets not learn in a 25-30K car. Id just learn in that camaro you have, you can drift easier in a solid axel car anyways :DIve done it...on DR's (wonder why ive broke 2 10 bolts) :D