Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Street/Strip (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/street-strip-21/)
-   -   06 Stang GT Vert Vs old LT1 (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/street-strip-21/06-stang-gt-vert-vs-old-lt1-4450/)

BluBeaSSt 12-23-2006 07:26 PM

06 Stang GT Vert Vs old LT1

Well i was cleaning up the garage today and fired the old Formula up and backed it out, well looked out at the dry street and thought....before i get dirty i should just go for a spin around the block (it hasnt moved since mid oct) So i back her out and up the street i go, well i come to the stop sign up the street and see this kid in this riced out (i wish i would of had a picture) new Stang GT Vert, saw him looking really hard at my car so i just change my direct and fallow him. Well we get to a 4 lane road and oh a green ligh turns to red infront of us. I just sit there and kinda look over at him, next thing i know he revs at me :D. So i open the cut out and up the RPM's to about 1800 and get ready for take off. Light turns green and I spin very little and take off leaving him hard at the light, hit second i have maybe a car on him. Go for 3rd and he gave up. I close the cut out and he gets next to me and says "Hey dawg whats done to that whip?" Well after laughing i say its just an old LT1 and he looked at me confused and i just take off.

Whats wrong with kids now of days?:(

PAY2PLAY 12-24-2006 10:44 AM

RE: 06 Stang GT Vert Vs old LT1

LOL, thats pretty funny that kid had no clue as to what he was messing with. Nice kill story.

Navy Flyboy 12-28-2006 02:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Grn4fbody
Whats wrong with kids now of days?:(
Not all of us are obsessed with The Fast and The Furious. I'm 15, be 16 in a month and a half, and there ain't no one out there likes REAL cars more than me. Why do you think I got a good ole' LS-1 and am looking for an LS-6? I know people like that at my school. I know people that talk like that. I can promise you I talk like I have some sense.

gorichb 01-12-2007 02:28 AM

Hahahaha
cool story

Black86vette 01-21-2007 01:36 PM

I know some might look down on me for saying this but the "Fast and Furious 1,2, and 3....all were corny and SUCKED!!! I mean, the first one, come on. Pulling that robberys on those tractor trailors in zooped up imports, yea ok...Much less jumping from car to car that fast.....:eek:stupid......The second one where that dude pulls the ebrake and then goes backward in reverse in the highway chase and he outruns that I believe viper, corvette, and was it a saleen or roush mustang. YEA OK. My dad was like bull****....I have to agree on that. No way. Anyway. The third one....wtf??? That was totally pointless and at the end dominique showed up for like 3 seconds which means theres most likely going to be a 4th one..........Just my opinion. Im not putting down on imports its just those movies were so fake and they really did give imports a bad name and that is why people are hopping up 4 bangers and getting in these horriable street racing crashes. Here in Charlotte NC there was a big meet at the mall and there was a big bust......Im glad I have more sense. My parents would have beat my @ss raw, if I got caught in that mess. I advise everyone on here to drive safe and always look otu for the other drivers. You can be a great driver but it only takes a split second for someone to screw up and your the one being taken away in a body bag....Always buckle up and keep your eyes open and expect the worse all the time.

BluBeaSSt 01-21-2007 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Black86vette

I know some might look down on me for saying this but the "Fast and Furious 1,2, and 3....all were corny and SUCKED!!! I mean, the first one, come on. Pulling that robberys on those tractor trailors in zooped up imports, yea ok...Much less jumping from car to car that fast.....:eek:stupid......The second one where that dude pulls the ebrake and then goes backward in reverse in the highway chase and he outruns that I believe viper, corvette, and was it a saleen or roush mustang. YEA OK. My dad was like bull****....I have to agree on that. No way. Anyway. The third one....wtf??? That was totally pointless and at the end dominique showed up for like 3 seconds which means theres most likely going to be a 4th one..........Just my opinion. Im not putting down on imports its just those movies were so fake and they really did give imports a bad name and that is why people are hopping up 4 bangers and getting in these horriable street racing crashes. Here in Charlotte NC there was a big meet at the mall and there was a big bust......Im glad I have more sense. My parents would have beat my @ss raw, if I got caught in that mess. I advise everyone on here to drive safe and always look otu for the other drivers. You can be a great driver but it only takes a split second for someone to screw up and your the one being taken away in a body bag....Always buckle up and keep your eyes open and expect the worse all the time.
Ok, i have no idea what your rant is about, but for one, the 3rd F&F is all real, all stunts are done with an accual drive not some CG stunt, as your saying from this rant youve never done a stop light race? Its all in good fun so please dont cry over this;)

Black86vette 01-21-2007 03:33 PM

:DI was responding to the post about the fast and furious. If you want to race from a stoplight I will do it. Ill run u off the road before I loose to you.[sm=icon_blah.gif]Thats all I hear coming out of your mouth about your F body......zzz zzz....Ill make you cry when your in a ditch having your car towed home becuz u got owned by a teenager.

BluBeaSSt 01-21-2007 05:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Black86vette

:DI was responding to the post about the fast and furious. If you want to race from a stoplight I will do it. Ill run u off the road before I loose to you.[sm=icon_blah.gif]Thats all I hear coming out of your mouth about your F body......zzz zzz....Ill make you cry when your in a ditch having your car towed home becuz u got owned by a teenager.
Well by the time the cars all back togeather you'll need alot more than that old L98 to play wioth a Boosted LT1 ;)

Black86vette 01-21-2007 07:22 PM

Boosted? Supercharged turbocharged or Twin.....**drools**.Pics. Dynos any pointers once its all done???? Id like to hear how much of a difference you felt and some installation snags or hints you mightve fallen into or trouble you found. Thanks. Also anything you had to do JUST FOR having it boosted. Certain rearend, gears, tranny pistions ect????? Id really appreciate all that.....Goodluck.

BluBeaSSt 01-21-2007 07:53 PM

Well im in the middle of doing it, and im doing an STS Rear mount Turbo kit, ( www.STSturbo.com) Right now im only gonna frun 7psi on a 100% stock internal motor, it should last for a bit. and all motor i had 317RWHP with this tubro i should have around 400-410ish RWHP. As far as drivetrain go's....it needs a new rear end from the factory lol but im not gonna change it untill i shell this one....again, and im gonna have to step up the clutch, right now ill i have is the GMHP LT4 unsprung kit. And im doing alot to the fuel system to handle the boost. it should run really deep in the 11's when im done...full weight car on 275 MT dr's:D