Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Street/Strip (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/street-strip-21/)
-   -   challenged by eclipse (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/street-strip-21/challenged-eclipse-8981/)

Grouch C4 02-26-2008 10:50 PM

challenged by eclipse

The other day i was challenged by an eclipse. the guy is a friend of mine and he claims he can take me down the 1/4 mile at the local speedway.His car is turbocharged with boost control, has racing transmission, performance chip, and other modifications. Doyou guys think I can take him with my 1992 Lt-1 corvette or is it not even worth it. Of course i believe in my corvette after all its a corvette but I have money riding on this race

PAY2PLAY 02-28-2008 10:42 PM

RE: challenged by eclipse

I think every race is worth it, even if you lose its still fun. Race him and let the best man (or driver) win:)

TheAngelOfDeath 03-01-2008 11:49 AM

LT1 should smoke him.

chargedvette02 03-15-2008 09:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Grouch C4

The other day i was challenged by an eclipse. the guy is a friend of mine and he claims he can take me down the 1/4 mile at the local speedway.His car is turbocharged with boost control, has racing transmission, performance chip, and other modifications. Doyou guys think I can take him with my 1992 Lt-1 corvette or is it not even worth it. Of course i believe in my corvette after all its a corvette but I have money riding on this race
Have you raced him yet? Those eclipses with very little work can dip into the high 13's and with moderate work dip into the low 12's.... Whats a C4 vette run?

Naste98C5 06-01-2008 10:54 PM

you know it all depends on the driver.....you always have a chance. What size turbo and what psi is he running?

Sick C5 09-13-2008 02:15 PM

I know a guy with an Eagle Talon, its the equivalent to the Eclipse, he's pushing 600 awhp... no one even attempts to mess with him at the track...

That should be your main concern, ash him what kind of powertrain he has.

Lee Willis 09-13-2008 06:31 PM

Enough money would turn a Tugo into a 10 second beast. You just don't know. Turbo, chip, boost control, it could be poorly done (or BS) and the thing is a 14 second car. Or it could be all real and done right and it does 12s.

Only one way to find out. But your car is 16 years old so check it out and make sure it is in good tune, etc., so it has its best chance This is not a walk if the turbo is real you might have to work for it, and there is a chance you might lose. No dishonor in losing an honest race to a faster car.

But you might win. Think about that, too.

weldonassoc 09-14-2008 06:10 PM

eclipse's are front wheel drive cars. If you can get him off the line, he may be spinning his tires. Then he'll be playing catch up the back half of the 1/4 mile.

Never know until you try.

Make sure you post your result though, we would all love to know.