Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Street/Strip (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/street-strip-21/)
-   -   Embarrassing moments (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/street-strip-21/embarrassing-moments-4104/)

blueshark 11-27-2006 02:01 AM

Embarrassing moments

Had a funny expieriance tonight. My lovely wife and I were going to her parents house in town. We had stopped at a light right in front of the Highschool when this sharp little mustang pulled up next to us. It really sounded and looked great. Apparrently this young kid has put all of his free time and money into his car and it showed. I looked over at him and smiled and nodded my head in recognition of the fine ride he had. I looked back forward at the light when I heard his engine rev and just keep going. The tires started squalling and he was powerbreaking it. I looked back over at him and he mouthed "lets run". I must admit it was hard not to do it with all the tire smoke and the smell of burnt rubber. I just looked back forward. Just then the light turned green and he reved it and dumped the clutch, barked the tires and stalled. I just looked over as I removed my foot from the break and gently stepped on the gas and took of like the geezer I am, leaving him in a cloud of his own tire smoke.The look on his face was priceless as he pulled up to the next light slowly and stopped just short of even. Oh to be a youngster again. I had all I could do not to laugh. Poor kid.

C3 Starship 11-27-2006 09:46 AM

RE: Embarrassing moments

:D:D:DThat was priceless!!!:D:D:D

Navy Flyboy 11-27-2006 10:46 AM

I had a time like that. We had my Camaro on the rack a few months ago upgrading the brakes so I got to drive my Daddy's 1968 SS Chevelle. It's had the 427 swapped out for a new 454 Crate. Anyway, we were at the light in front of the and I thought I was Mr. It. Well, this junior in his little Integra pulls up and starts revving his little fart machine. I tach up, light turns, I dump the clutch. Yeah, the next week we had a new 12 bolt rear-end if you know what I mean. It ate that differential up. I wanted to just bury my head and cry. O, I also thought my Daddy was going to beat my behind. But he just smiled and said it happens to everyone.

blueshark 11-28-2006 02:41 AM

oh man I hate when that happens. I blew a rearend one time and the dang rear tire and axel passed my butt on the right. I thought there was a law about passing on the right!!!needless to say I was "mentally disturb" for about a week or so. Glad your pop was understanding. sounds like he may have some experiance with that like the rest of us boneheads. LOL. keep 'em spinnin'.

gorichb 11-28-2006 02:11 PM

:D Hahahahaha
that was great! :D

C3 Starship 11-28-2006 09:24 PM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

oh man I hate when that happens. I blew a rearend one time and the dang rear tire and axel passed my butt on the right. I thought there was a law about passing on the right!!!needless to say I was "mentally disturb" for about a week or so. Glad your pop was understanding. sounds like he may have some experiance with that like the rest of us boneheads. LOL. keep 'em spinnin'.
I've lost every tire, one or two at a time at some time or another, layin' hard in the turns an breaking' the centers out of the wheels. Thank god, they didn't come off until after the jam fest. Had one pass me in town after a mad run up the Feather River Canyon. The dang thing rolled right up in front of one of the local watering holes. I grabed my tire, went in and had a JD, straight up, to settle my nerves, don't cha know.:D

blueshark 11-29-2006 03:17 AM

At least it had the common decensy to stop in front of the only place that will take your mind off of it.......Hello, honey? i'm havein' a drink with the tire, be home in a while.