Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Street/Strip (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/street-strip-21/)
-   -   GTO sounded nice but fell quickly (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/street-strip-21/gto-sounded-nice-but-fell-quickly-3396/)

bobalou 10-04-2006 10:11 PM

GTO sounded nice but fell quickly

Hey I pulled up to a lite and was talking to my date when I heard the rumble of a new GTO with some pipes. He hit it before I knew the light changed and I stomped on it about a half car behind. I pulled him by about three cars to the next light. That was fun!! I have a 2000 LS1, Auto with some small mods, cold air induction, ported throlle body and maf senser. I am saving to do more to the engine.

PAY2PLAY 10-05-2006 03:55 AM

RE: GTO sounded nice but fell quickly

Nice kill...nothing like the rush of a little street competition.

Black86vette 11-26-2006 01:56 PM

:D Vroom.

xrcrx 11-26-2006 09:04 PM

Slaughtered a Goat!

hada68gto 01-29-2007 01:57 PM

Would love to have the chance to attone for my fellow GTO buddies transgressions. My 2005 GTO runs 11.5's @ 120 in the quarter and is completely stock appearing on the street. Just thought you'd like to know that not all GTO's are pushovers... DT

Lee Willis 01-29-2007 06:36 PM

I know a few with stealth mods that run in the 11s and they are good cars, which for some reason many folks don't take seriously. You can win some good challenge matches in a car like that.

What have you done to the car to get the power and have you had any problem with the rear end?

bobalou 01-29-2007 07:44 PM

Hey DT,

Its nothing personal, I grew up loving GTO's too! I didn'tstart this little race, but I was game and finished it. Lucky me that it went my way. Its all in good fun. My son wantsa GTOnow, I had to talk him out of a foriegn car. I am curious what youve done to yours. Is there a year that we should look for, or one that we wouldn't want?

hada68gto 01-30-2007 12:07 AM

You guys are great. Concerning the GTO, it looks and sounds stock. I am a pastor in Virginia and use this thing to head up funeral processions, believe it or not. Yet when I take it to the strip, I love surprising a few people. Car has stock exhaust except for JBA shorty headers and is very quiet. Oh, and did I mention the intake... it is made by Magnuson!!! lol....Thanks for letting an old "goat" man hang with you guys.... DT
By the way, no problems with rear end or tranny. Mine is an automatic. Best models are the 2005 and 2006 cause they have the LS2.

blueshark 01-30-2007 02:26 AM

The new GTO is definitely a GTO but like the dodge charger it doesn't even resemble it's great name sake. I wish when they brought these great breeds back to life they would at least try to bring back some of the styling that's associated with the name. the original proto-type charger looked completely different than what was produced. more like the original. It was wicked. I understand they are going to bring back the challenger and make it look somewhat like it;s name sake. kinda like ford did with the mustang. cool.

Oh yea...Welcome to the site Brother.

cobralee 02-01-2007 07:51 PM

I always say, you gotta be ready when you're at a red light and a hot car pulls along side of you...you can't let a Mustang, GTO or some other car show you up when you're in a Corvette. But I always say it ain't alwaysthe car that wins out but how much testerone each of the drivers have!!