Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Street/Strip (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/street-strip-21/)
-   -   On My Way Home I Killed A '04 Cobra! (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/street-strip-21/my-way-home-i-killed-04-cobra-6788/)

CoolestCorvette873 07-10-2007 12:27 AM

On My Way Home I Killed A '04 Cobra!

[/align]
[blockquote]

Today I just got engaged to my new fiance, and on my way home after leaving her parents house I run across my firend, who lives down the street, at the local Dunkin Donuts parking lot, hehas a '04 Blue Ford SVT Cobra with exaust: x and y pipes, intake, and headers. He pulls up next to me and I told him the good news and he "Congrats" me when I notice he has a new license plate that read VETTKILR, and I say when the hell did you get that and he tells me about two weeks ago. So I ask him to back that up and race me three exits on the Palisades Parkway home, he agrees so we get on the parkway and I beep three times and we punch it at about 45 mph I pull about two cars on him till about 110 mph I have about three cars on him, finally we got to about 145 and at this point I have about three to four cars on him when all of a sudden I notice he isnt going any faster and I realize his limiter has kicked in, the car only tops at about 153 mph. So I slow down, and we had about an exit to go till we were home, so I let him pull up and he shrugs his shoulders and points to the exit so we get off and when we get to our street I pull infront of his driveway and he pulls next to me and I say "What do you think?" And he says, "I think I need a new plate!" And I just laughed and said goodnight, I think he might have finally realized why I am a Chevy guy, and I don't think he'll be praising Ford anymore or claim his car is a Vette Killer like he really thought! Just thoguht I'd share another kill I laways see nice cars by me on the Parkways, so I will always have alot of racing stories, and alot of my friends have fast cars, so stay tuned for my next race and hopefully kill.

So far this last July month: (Vette: 3 kills) '05 Viper, '06 911 S, '05 SVT Cobra

[/align] [/blockquote]

Lee Willis 07-10-2007 07:57 AM

RE: On My Way Home I Killed A '05 Cobra!

No real offense meant, but these stories don't make you out as a hero in my book. 153 mph on the Palisades Parkway? I know that road and that area. There isn't a time of day or day or the year when that road would not have some other traffic or when that would ever be safe. At times in the past I have driven quite very fast on public roads when conditions permit and I know there is no other traffic, but I have never street raced at those speeds on any public road.

CoolestCorvette873 07-10-2007 12:24 PM

Actually, I rarely ever drive fast on that road because it is busy,it is usually alot easier on 87 or the Garden State or thruway, but from exit 15 to exit 13 going south at around 12-1 in the morning there is rarely ever drivers on that little stretch, and I'm not trying to be a hero, I'm just sharing my stories, and no offense but I really could care less what you think about my stories, this is a Corvette forum and I'm sharing my race storieswith my Corvette, sohonestly your negative input isnot needed,and didn't your mother ever tell you if you have nothing nice to say, thandont say anything at all!

chargedvette02 07-10-2007 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: CoolestCorvette873

Today I just got engaged to my new fiance, and on my way home after leaving her parents house I run across my firend, who lives down the street, at the local Dunkin Donuts parking lot, hehas a '05 Blue Ford SVT Cobra with exaust: x and y pipes, intake, and headers. He pulls up next to me and I told him the good news and he "Congrats" me when I notice he has a new license plate that read VETTKILR, and I say when the hell did you get that and he tells me about two weeks ago. So I ask him to back that up and race me three exits on the Palisades Parkway home, he agrees so we get on the parkway and I beep three times and we punch it at about 45 mph I pull about two cars on him till about 110 mph I have about three cars on him, finally we got to about 145 and at this point I have about three to four cars on him when all of a sudden I notice he isnt going any faster and I realize his limiter has kicked in, the car only tops at about 153 mph. So I slow down, and we had about an exit to go till we were home, so I let him pull up and he shrugs his shoulders and points to the exit so we get off and when we get to our street I pull infront of his driveway and he pulls next to me and I say "What do you think?" And he says, "I think I need a new plate!" And I just laughed and said goodnight, I think he might have finally realized why I am a Chevy guy, and I don't think he'll be praising Ford anymore or claim his car is a Vette Killer like he really thought! Just thoguht I'd share another kill I laways see nice cars by me on the Parkways, so I will always have alot of racing stories, and alot of my friends have fast cars, so stay tuned for my next race and hopefully kill.

So far this last July month: (Vette: 3 kills) '05 Viper, '06 911 S, '05 SVT Cobra

[/align]
Whats your vette/specs?

CoolestCorvette873 07-10-2007 01:13 PM

All I have is Hurricane Ram Air Induction, and X, Y Pipe Exaust.

CoolestCorvette873 07-10-2007 01:15 PM

It seems like everyone has a problem with me on this forum, especially Lee Willis, and if he doesn'tthen that is how he is coming off, so if I'm going to be treated like a liar, I'll just leave the forum, now I know why my friends don't join forums!

chargedvette02 07-10-2007 01:23 PM

All I said was vette/specs now I'm calling you a liar? Good kill man, I expect to put an ass whoopin on a cobra everytime I line up against one.:)

Lee Willis 07-10-2007 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: CoolestCorvette873

Actually, I rarely ever drive fast on that road because it is busy,it is usually alot easier on 87 or the Garden State or thruway, but from exit 15 to exit 13 going south at around 12-1 in the morning there is rarely ever drivers on that little stretch, and I'm not trying to be a hero, I'm just sharing my stories, and no offense but I really could care less what you think about my stories, this is a Corvette forum and I'm sharing my race storieswith my Corvette, sohonestly your negative input isnot needed,and didn't your mother ever tell you if you have nothing nice to say, thandont say anything at all!
You are very rude, and not the type of person I think this forum needs.

CoolestCorvette873 07-10-2007 09:34 PM

[/align]I'm sorry ChargedVette02 that was not in response to your question, I don't think oyur calling me a liar and I thank you for that but clearly Lee Willis has a problem with me and thinks the forum is better without me even after I apologized, I forgot just becasue I dont have five stars under my name makes me a moron, good thing I dont take this title with me in life, but I'll be sure to put on my next CEO resume I do have five stars under my name on corvetteforums.com, lol, I just dont gfet why this has to be such a tense place, its suppossed to be fun if you think I'm bullcrappin fine either keep your testosterone level done and never mind me, or juat say I'm sorry but I don't think that is possible, than go on your youtube.com type in corvette vs(etc...) and see some stock races and go huh I guess it is possible!

chargedvette02 07-10-2007 10:58 PM

Anything is possible, Lee is just suspect because he has been doing this a long time. And don't think it's because your new. If I put up a story sayingI beat an R1 Lee would call me out to. Yes it is possible, the rider of the R1 would have to be really bad but it is possible just not probable.