Car Care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

best car wax

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Default best car wax

what type of car wax do u think is the best?

Old 08-30-2005, 10:13 AM
Default RE: best car wax

ORIGINAL: 1974corvetteowner
what type of car wax do u think is the best?
Well, not sure how much my opinion counts seeing that I sell the stuff but if you are looking for a carnauba paste wax my favorite is Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax. If you are looking for a sealer or liquid type wax I have a few favorites. The top favorites being Poorboy's EX-P, Four Star Paint Protection and ClearKote Carnauba Moose Wax.

Old 09-17-2005, 03:10 PM

Ok, "school" me here too Pleaz

I was told NEVER use WAX.

Polish only ?????

I don't wish to become the Karate kid here shining up my baby......

So user friendly would be great!

Old 09-19-2005, 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: ACV4me
Ok, "school" me here too Pleaz
I was told NEVER use WAX.
Polish only ?????
I don't wish to become the Karate kid here shining up my baby......
So user friendly would be great!
Whoever told you to never use wax must not know what they are talking about. Wax / sealant is the only way to protect the paint and clear. Well, wax or keep the car covered year round with a breathable cover and never take it out in the sun or drive it. However, if you want a great user friendlt polish I highly recommen our Poorboy's World line of Super Swirl Removers.

Old 09-20-2005, 08:08 PM

Astoshield is the choice of many in my area including myself. No, it's not a wax. But it give you the uv protection of a wax but without any wax build up. It removes swirl marks like a fill n'glaze and make the rain water bead for months. After several applications you won't believe the shine and the smoothness of you cars finish. My truck practically self washes if it sits in a rain. The paint gets so smooth the dirt can't stick to it. I use it on all my cars and bikes. Please don't knock it if you haven't tried it. It is very popular with owners of aircraft. But like politics and religion, so are conversations about the best wax /polish/finish protectant to use.

I guess their all good, more personal preferance than any thing.

Old 09-21-2005, 10:37 AM

Yeah, find something you like and stick with it. Everyone has their own opinions on what is the best. To some, the best might not be something that last the longest but something that is easy on and easy off. To others, it might be what last the longest or what is slickest or what beads the best or sheaths the best.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:39 PM

I would have to go with Zaino

Old 10-20-2006, 12:02 AM

I have to concur with crvttbass on the use of Astroshield. It is all that and more. I get it shipped directly from NY by logging on to their web site. After two or three applications, the paint is as smooth as glass. It beads water so well that you only need to take is for a quick ride to driive it off without watermarks. I've used it on clearcoats and Earl Shieb repaints wuth great results. Boat owners swear by it as well. http://www.astroshield.com/

Old 10-26-2006, 01:17 PM

I have been using this stuff called "REJEX", and i love the how it feels after you put it on. So far it has been everything they say about it, and more. Very happy with it.

Old 10-29-2006, 06:53 PM

Meguiars is IMO hte best. Good prices. Customer service provides good detailed information when asked. Reasonably priced. It makes my vette shine and look very lust and clean. There Clay Bar is absoloutley marvelous. It turned completly black with dirt when I did my car the first time.

Quick Reply: best car wax