Car Care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

best car wax

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Default RE: best car wax

For wax I only use Pinnacle Souveran, it's awsome on red and black, leaves them looking wet.

Old 12-31-2006, 03:12 AM

i have always liked the way MOTHERS carnuba wax in the red tin... has treated my cars... very easy to put on and not a pain in the *** to take off with no residue or greasy stuff left behind...try it out you'll like it ...

Old 01-01-2007, 05:09 AM

Tried Astroshield out on my black '98 coupe .. works good
Had swirl marks in the paint from dealer buffin it, took em all out .. really looks nice in the sun
When it rained a few days later, I just hosed it off, dried the Vette off .. back to very shiny in no time

-Frank

Old 01-01-2007, 07:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Mark06

I would have to go with Zaino
I agree, Zaino is some of the best stuff I've everused. Both Mothers and Meguiersalso hasvery good products. This is one of thosequestions that has many opinions about which one is actually the best. Most of your Cleaner waxes andCarnuba waxeswill work well on your carregardless ofwho makes 'em,.......I think the way you detail the car and how often you do it are much more important to getting a good quality seal and shine. I've seen show quality cars that have Mothers on it, and the same with Meguiers and Zaino, and also there'sUltra Car Care that makes some phenominal products. Unfortunately there's a lot of people though that will go out and buy these really expensive products, and then just through it on the car over top of everything else that's already on it.

Ilike tostart off by strippingall the old waxesect..by usingsome regular old non-detergent dish washing liquid, (that's the only time to ever use it).....and then I use a clay bar on it to remove all those contaminants that build up. (I do that at least once a year.Twice if i'm out driving it a lot) Then I start fresh witha goodcleaner waxor glaze. Then I go with someMeguiers Carnuba Wax followed by the liquid Tech wax to seal it all in.

Once I'm done,Ilike to use that TurtlewaxICE(Detailer)between washes. It goes on very easy and doesn't leaveany residue.IALWAYS use a micro fiber mitt on mine, as well as micro fiber towels for drying and detailing. Not using the right kind of wash mitt could give you a ton of swirl marks by itself.

Another good thing to remember is that applying your waxes and everything else should really be done in a back & forthpattern instead of a circular motion. You don't get those swirl marks by doing it that way. And if you do get some, they don't show up near as easily. Well, these are just some things I do and use when detailing my cars.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:01 PM

http://www.adamspolishes.com/videos/

I think it was Pay2Play who showed me that site.
Definetely worth taking a good look at.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:39 PM

i have a black 67 RS_SS camaro & black C-5 coupe found mequires NXT generation very user friendly, not pricey with wonderful no swirl results

Old 05-17-2007, 12:39 PM

Pinnacle Souveran for $60 is a great wax. Cheaper waxes that are good as well are Nattys Blue, Detailers Pride Max Wax, S100, P21S. There are many choices out there and then there are even more sealants...

Old 06-05-2007, 07:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Black86vette

Meguiars is IMO hte best. Good prices. Customer service provides good detailed information when asked. Reasonably priced. It makes my vette shine and look very lust and clean. There Clay Bar is absoloutley marvelous. It turned completly black with dirt when I did my car the first time.
I agree 110% the Meguiars line is absolutely Amazing!!! Heres the before and after of our Mustang, and the after of the vette:
before: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../mustangb4.jpg
after: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...stangafter.jpg
vette after: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...poorvette2.jpg

Old 07-12-2007, 05:02 PM

I've had Vette's for years and would only use "Liquid Glass." It's like adding coats of clear to your Vette. It'll shine when it's dirty. Down here in Florida, we have a "love bug" season twice a year. When driving on the highway during this plaque, the bugs are terribly sticky and hard to remove because the hot sun dries them on to the paint surface. With "Liquid Glass," they just wash right off. You apply this polish, then let it sit in the sun for about 4 hours to cure. Once this is accomplished, you can add another coat. I love this stuff.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:45 PM

I used to own a Detail shop Poorboy's products are great. Dura Gloss polish #105 is a lot andI mean a lot like Zaino the Dura Gloss Aqua wax is Fantastic. You really cant beat the price either. just my 2cent's

Quick Reply: best car wax