Car Care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

interior cleaning.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Default interior cleaning.

Just wondering what you guys use to clean the interior of your corvette. door panels, dash, glass,carpet etc. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: interior cleaning.

welcome to the boards. I use windex on the glass, armor all on the vinyl, Murphy's saddle soap on the leather if it needs it and wool-lite carpet cleaner on the carpet. Diluted Dawn on the exterior and good old turtle wax to shine it up. Cheers

Old 10-05-2007, 11:24 PM

Thanks for the info. Do you have to worry about the Murphy's saddle soap discoloring the leather? How often do you use it? Do you use anything else on the leather? Thanks again!!!

Old 10-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Hasn't discoloredany yet, but you may want to do a small spot as a test, just in case it reacts with your color dye. They make a conditioner as well. Don't let the leather get to wet while cleaning and apply the conditioner after it has dried. let it dry before you sit in it. Use a good terry cloth towel or wash cloth for both. There's lots of cleaning and conditioning products on the market but I don't trust too many of them. If the Murphy's doesn't suit you, you can get some really good stuff from a leather goods store. I had some stuff one time from a place in the mall that sold only leather coats but I can't, for the life of me, remember the name. It was a cleaner and conditioner in one. Cheers

Old 10-06-2007, 01:20 AM
cwb

I use window cleaner, and the mini-vacuum brush attachment to brush it and pull it up right away. I don't like corner jam gettin' in the seams of the console. Kind of a pain sprayin' and vac'in at the same time, but otherwise the juicy jam just runs down into the seams, and a petri car I can't drive.[:'(]

Old 10-30-2007, 07:53 PM

I try to clean my vet inside and out at least once a week. I used some turtle wax 2001 spray for plastics, vinyls, and leather for the first time. Everything looks so slick and reflective. Just dont use it on the steering wheel lol.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:12 PM

'Diluted dawn on the exterior' Ive always heard that was a NO NO.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Diluted Dawnwill strip the wax and any road grime/oily dirt off but actuallyhasn't hurt the paint(yet). It will also kill any fleas, LOL!. I always wax it every timeand only use it Once a month to clean the car. In between wash jobs are just high pressure hand was with a terry cloth rag or nice(real) buckskin chamois

Old 11-01-2007, 03:35 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: blueshark

Diluted Dawnwill strip the wax and any road grime/oily dirt off but actuallyhasn't hurt the paint(yet). It will also kill any fleas, LOL!.

Yeap thats what i heard, the flea part to.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

After you was your car you can wash you cat or dog and watch the fleas die. I spray it in the yard in the summer and it works great.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: interior cleaning.