Car Care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Paint vs. Pinnacle Black Label Coating

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Former Sponsor
Default Paint vs. Pinnacle Black Label Coating

I finally got around to being able to use the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating on my own personal car about 3 weeks ago. I was very excited to take our new product line for a test drive. I had personally seen the results in person on other cars but had yet to play with the products myself.

The car was quite a mess to start off. I started at 9AM just because I knew what kind of prep work was in store for me. The paint needed to be washed, clayed, and swirl removed. When it comes to applying coatings, you HAVE to make sure your paint is near perfect before you apply them.

If you have swirls, contaminants, and water spots on your paint and decide to apply a coating over everything, you will have trapped those imperfections under the coating for the next 3 years. This is why it's necessary to make the paint flawless before you seal the look in with a coating.

The Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating is unique because it can be applied to just about everything on the exterior of your car. We are talking the paint, glass, headlights, and wheels. So you can pretty much coat the whole car with the surface coating and be protected for 3 years. So back to what I did to prep my car for the coating:

What I Used:
Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo
Nanoskin AutoScrub Medium Grade Wash Mitt
Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover
Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish
Flex XC3401 VRG Orbital Polisher
Isopropyl Alcohol
Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating
Lake Country Coating Applicator 2 Pack
Super Plush Junior Microfiber Towels
Gold Plush Microfiber Towels

BEFORE SHOTS

STEP by STEP:
1. Wash car with Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo and the Nanoskin AutoScrub Medium Grade Wash Mitt. The shampoo removes the loose dirt and the Nanoskin wash mitt pulls out the contaminants stuck in the clearcoat. The Nanoskin wash mitt is an amazing clay bar alternative.

2. Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover and Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish are used to remove swirls, scratches, water spots, and other minor imperfections. These products are used with the Flex XC3401 VRG Orbital Polisher. I used an orange Lake Country cutting pad with the swirl remover and a white Lake Country polishing pad with the polish.

3. After the paint is swirl and imperfection free, it's time to clean all the oils and chemicals that were left behind by all the previous products used. You can use Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish or you can use Isopropyl Alcohol. This will clean the clearcoat and prep it for the application of the coating. This step is a MUST in order for the coating to bond properly with the clearcoat.

4. Working one panel at a time, spray Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating directly onto the surface and evenly distribute using a Lake Country Coating Applicator. Work the coating into the surface until it disappears. If high spots occur, lightly buff with a clean, soft, lint-free microfiber towel.

AFTER - The car literally looks like glass - Absolutely Amazing

Conclusion: Being this was my first time applying a coating, I thought it was almost easier than applying a wax . This coating spreads and covers the paint like a champ especially with the Lake Country Coating Applicator. You let it set up for a couple minutes and the excess product (if any) buffs off very easily. The prep steps before the application were the most time consuming. Actually applying the coating was fun, fast, and easy. I would work with this coating on any car any day. The results speak for themselves as you can see. The paint looks like glass. I do apologize about not having a sunshine shot yet, I will get one uploaded as soon as we get some descent weather here in Florida. Raining like crazy here lately . Thanks for looking!

To get your hands on some Pinnacle Black Label Coatings CLICK HERE

Last edited by PinnacleWax; 01-30-2014 at 06:12 PM.