Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

"GO DeeVee" w/"Ride of the Month"

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Default "GO DeeVee" w/"Ride of the Month"

DeeVee,
"Hats Off" to you, DeeVee for having the "Ride of the Month." Your car IS smokin' lookin' and I'm sure it runs like a 'Vette, you've put your work into it, to say the least.
Your car caught my eye as I clicked to leave the Home Page. I went back and looked for who's car I was looking at, and like I thought, it WAS you.
Needless to say, the C3 area is BY FAR the most active w/ topics and replies, I've said this before.
And you, DeeVee, deserve the "props" for having the "car of the month" not just because your car is "kickin', " but also due to the fact that you've been through "going through your car" extensively a number of times.
Good Going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Banned
Default RE: "GO DeeVee" w/"Ride of the Month"

[sm=thanx.gif]

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 02-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

[sm=exactly.gif]Texas, nuthin' I can add......

Old 02-18-2008, 08:22 PM

C3,
The first thing that came to my mind about DeeVee was that write-up of his when he told us of his trials and tribulations with his 'Vette and the engines, etc. A heck of a long chain of work and reworks and so much so many times, completely through his car. I told shark that having his car since it was new, was a perfect handle to have on his car, and then I thought, "unless you're DeeVee, w/ even a better handle." LOL I think that DeeVee was supposed to be on here w/ the "ride of the month" as his car is really him.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

...an ya know,....when we share our "adventures", all the members profit from the stuff like...."been there, tried it, and it don't work! [:'(]".....to.....
"I know this little trick.....".

Old 02-18-2008, 11:40 PM
pg

I agree with both of you and that's why I gave my vote to DeeVeeEight, it takes a lot of time and money and dedicationto bring an old C-3 back to proper condition. DV8 paid his dues and and he deserverved some recognition, I'm glad he got the ROTM.
C-3 Starship, you are one of the most helpful people on the forum, and I thank you for that. Your also finding out that it costs big bucks to restore a Vette, but that's OK, it's only money and we can always make more. The day that you take that monster big block for your first ride will make it all worth it.
Texas Jim, you are always up for a good debate and that's part of the fun, I remember the early 70's when we raced on "Connecting Highway", part of the BQE,that was a lot of fun, run what you "brung" and winner take all. When the cops chased us form there we went to Cross Bay Blvd.After that it wasFrancis Blvd in Queens, untill a pissed off home owner poured oil on the road and killed a racer, that kind of put an end to that. Charlotte is real tough, they use there cameras and than the next time you show up they arrest you and keep your car, so I'll be happy when they open the drag strip at Lowes Motor Speedway later this year. Can't wait for that, PG.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Banned

DAYUM PG! CONNECTING HIGHWAYS!!! I used to race there too, back in the late 70's. We would race until the cops chased us off, then we would come back a while later and race some more. After that the cops would call the fire dept. and they would come and hose down the highway. When they hosed down the highway we moved over to the Flushing Marina parking lot near LaGuardia and raced there. Man do I have some great memories of those days!
Do you remember the wall at connecting highways? about 3 or 4 stories tall it made a sharp sweeping curve to the left, if you missed the exit after the 1/4 mile race you had to negotiate the wall. I remember deep gouges and scratches in the concrete on that wall that went almost all the way to the top!
I used to do some serious bar hopping in Astoria too, back when I was young and didn't know any better....
It was a different world back then. My two (late) uncles from Massapequa Park, Long Island (both gear heads and street racers as well as serious drinkers and hell raisers) would tell stories of street racing andgetting loaded on a friday or saturday night, then getting hauled in by the cops and thrown in the tank so they could sleep it off. Their cars were left by the side of the road and the next day when they sobered up a bit they would go fetch their cars and that night they would be out racing and raising hell again. American Graffitti all over again!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 02-19-2008, 04:34 PM
pg

What a small world it is! CH was the place to go on a summer night, I remember there were over 100 people that went there,most to race and a lot just to watch.
Then one night when we got thereand fire trucks were spraying water down on the highway, at first we thought that someone crashed, then we figured it out, they were wetting the highway so we couldn't race!
I remember Astoria and Stienway Street, great place, at least three bars on every block.
Thanks for bringing back some great memories, PG.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks pg, I really enjoy our forums. There aregreat, friendly members, and they make it a pleasure to help out where I can. I'm far from being the sharpest pencil in this box [sm=nono.gif]!

.....*one piece at at a time*,...."Dang, it rained again",....*sigh*[&o]......
Ya Bro, ya gotta drop a few bucks, and it takes an hour or two, but like ya said..."..your first ride will make it all worth it".

ps,
jor perdy shop jur-on sef thar, pg. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 02-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: pg
I remember Astoria and Stienway Street, great place, at least three bars on every block.
Thanks for bringing back some great memories, PG.
I did the "crawl" on Steinway Street. Four barsatalmost everyintersection and one in the middle of each block. Stumble out of one bar and tumble in to another, work your way down the street 'till the wee hours of the morning. At 2 am they lock the doors andclear whatever money is on top of the bar - after that it was considered a private party, you could drink and party 'till sun up, or until the barkeep passed out, or more likely - until YOU passed out!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]