Aim on cd

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator
Default Aim on cd

Corvette America has AIMs on CD now.

http://www.corvetteamerica.com/cf/di...ategoryid=0076

Old 03-12-2009, 06:01 AM

I think it's great that so much now days is on CD f/ many reasons, no doubt there are many benefits to this. As far as shop/work manuals go, having it on a CD works well also, but to have this manual in book form makes it easier to have there sitting on ie; a part of the car, opened to that page which you need info from, makes the manual more practical/user-friendly-using it as you go about your work.
I personally like the idea of CDs f/ large volumes of reference, as it saves valuable space and they're much easier to keep in perfect condition, especially when you're in a house with others who don't find your interests as important as you do. (You need another volume of references to do w/; "The best way to run these jerks from your household the moment you find out that they're inconsiderate of other's property and overall belongings.")
All in all, I feel that work manuals are easier and more friendly to use, in most cases but not all, when using them f/ and/or to do w/ hands-on work, ie; vehicle maint./restoration/rebuilding.

This is just a thought and opinion to do w/ the topic. In no way does it "knock" the post. I'll most likely buy one of these on CD f/ the reasons I stated above. And thanks f/ the info.

Last edited by Texas Jim; 03-12-2009 at 06:05 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

I agree. Guess I'm old school as having a hard copy to look out is my preference. Besides who wants to drag their laptop under the car.

One plus of the CD is you can search for a particular item. Probably would be of more value in the Shop Manual than the AIM. Shop Manuals are notoriously hard to find stuff in. Think they must farm out the index to Elbonians. (Dilbert reference)