Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Cool Custom one off White Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Default Cool Custom one off White Gauges

Hello Everyone I'm Chad Byrd My dad Cliff owns a Dark Red 78 stingray with a L-82 i just made some custom white gauges for it i will put complete installed pics up later on today or tomorrow check it out so far tho my dad seriously thought they were so sweet id thought you C3 corvette owners would like to see them please let me know what you think honestly my dad thought of the design himself i just created them in vector format on my puter so i can customize them any way he wanted he thought it was so sweet!, I was going to do a dark red instead of white but he wanted white faces with dark red fonts and his nick name LOL "Corvette Cliff" on the Tach and the Orange Vette Flags but i can make someone a set if they want i can match the color of your cars Interior or Exterior and change the fonts up too! Hell if you really want i can make them look just like stock but shiny black with a little personalisation I'm sure you guys know ideas are endless when designing stuff on computers.
Any ways thanks for checking out my post if you want E-mail me chad@nlcgauges.com i will hook you up with some sweet one of a kind personalized gauges! All in all let me know what you think of my work THANKS!

Chad Byrd

PS: there not really hard to install at all took me only about a hour to remove the dash then about a half hour to install the gauges

Old 08-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Default RE: Cool Custom one off White Gauges

Nice work!

Old 08-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Location: Millbrook,Alabama....Slap dab in the middle of God's Country

Very cool!! What material did you print them on?

Old 08-21-2008, 08:41 PM

Got Them Installed! Wow they look sweet too! Check em out

They are laserjet printed in 4800dpi andmade from a thick vinyl plastic then cut on my CNC plastic cutter

Old 08-21-2008, 10:18 PM

Nice!

Old 08-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

Not really a fan of white gauges but those look very nice. Good work!

Old 08-21-2008, 10:48 PM

I honestly don't like white gauges either i wanted them to be red the same color as the car but he wanted white but my dad also has a black stingray im gonna make a set up like this for that one these i think are pretty sharp what do you guys think?

Im also thinking about converting the gauges to back-lit so only the numbers and dials illuminate like newer cars that means i will take the metal faces right out and install my replacements and i will prob convert the speedo and tacho bulbs to 194s so i can just pop some bright red 194 led replacements in the back to make the illumination even more intense! Butt that stingray is in storage so i cant really get my hands on it right now otherwise id have installed photos for every one to drool over!

Thanks for the comments you guys!

Old 08-22-2008, 02:14 AM

73shark i really like your orange paint i just did a custom set of gauges for a "poor mans vette" a 240z they turned out real nice check them out here they are ...

this car is all original too with only 67k on the car really nice Classic Fairlady Z guy was really happy with his gauges too!

Old 08-23-2008, 12:27 PM

Pretty cool. I like your work.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:42 PM

They look pretty cool. I sent you an e-mail. I want some.

Quick Reply: Cool Custom one off White Gauges