Dakota Digital Fan Controller Location - Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Old 02-11-2018, 06:34 PM

Default Dakota Digital Fan Controller Location

Newbie to the forum here; have a 69 SB; 4 spd, no AC; replaced the 17" radiator with a 26" and the correct core support; have been using a Spal twin electric set up for about 10 years; the PWM computer went belly up. The low speed fan comes on all the time; the 2nd fan works as it should at high temp setting; have called Spal; walked me many numerous resets and no help; they recommended I get a Dakota Digital Fan Controller (PAC-2750); the question I have is that Dakota recommends installing the controller inside the pass compartment; I would like to install somewhere in the engine compartment with good air flow as I did with the Spal unit for 10 yrs (on rad support). Has anyone installed the Dakota Digital PAC-2750 in the engine bay? The unit is very compact: 3.5" X 3" X 1"; thinking of sticking it inside a fender. Ideas? Experiences? Thanks much.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

Does the manufacturer have any recommendations on location as far as the environment goes?
Old 02-12-2018, 09:28 PM

Thanks for the comeback; to quote the mounting instructions in bold print: "mount only in vehicle cabin, controller is not designed for engine compartment mounting". Looks like i will have to mount it on the pass side behind the RH dash pad. Its no biggie other that having to rewire; will see how it goes; thanks