Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Electrical Accessories problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Default Electrical Accessories problems

Well I need a little help again. My 82 vette project is fun, however, I cannot seem to find out why my electric windows, locksand seats will not operate. I have checked the fuses and none seem to be blown. Unfortunately, I do not know which fuse the electrical accessories fuse is. I have check continuity from the window switch to the motor and it is good. Switch checked out ok to. It appears I am not getting voltage to the switch. Any suggestions on where to go from here?
Thanks.
Tim

Old 10-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Default RE: Electrical Accessories problems

The windows, locks and seats are powered by a wire attached to the fuse block, right next to the AC fuse, below and to the right side of the top circuit breaker (big rectangular silver metal thing). I believe (and this isn't gospel) that they are covered by the bottom metal 35 AMP circuit breaker, all the way to the right. You will see a "WDO" label up there somewhere and possibly an arrow pointing to the terminal that the power wire should be hooked to. I don't think they are fused...

Good luck!

bill.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:29 PM

Bill,
Found what you are talking about and the wire. Thanks. The wire would not pull out but did seem "loose" in the socket and I still do not have power. Any suggestions what to do next?
By the way, I really appreciate the help. I was about at my wits end trying to find where the wire went into the fuse box. At least this part of the puzzle is solved. Again, I appreciate the help.

Tim

Old 10-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Not too familiar with the '82 setup but you might check to see if there's a relay in the circuits. Also is the circuit breaker good?

Old 10-16-2007, 05:43 PM

If there isa relay, I would not know where to look. Suggestions on where to look?
thanks, Mr. so many toys, so little time (by the way, I agree)

Old 10-16-2007, 05:56 PM
pg

Hi and welcome to the forum, on my 74 the relay for the windows is under the shifter console, I don't have power seats or locks. Do you hav an AIM? Pete.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:41 PM

hey pg.
I am not sure what a "AIM" is.
Do you know what the window relay is labeled?
Tim

Old 10-18-2007, 05:59 PM

An AIM is an assembly manual,very handy to have around. itshows you where everything is located and how it goes together. a repair manual and elecric wiring diagram are very useful as well. you said you found the supply wire wrwalke told you to look for, did this wire have power.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

I agree, an assembly manual, wiring diagrams, and repair manual are a must if you're gonna go diggin' around in your Vette.
That relay should be under the console, like pg said. Sorry, I can't tell you if it is labled, or how. Disconect your bat, and use an ohm meter to trace for continuity, either from the fuse block, or the accesory in question, to the relay you find.
It's been a while since I've been into the console, but as I remember, the relay for the powered antenee is there too.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:47 PM

I believe the relay is mounted onthe left side of thebracket that the console mounts to just in front of the shifter rod.

Quick Reply: Electrical Accessories problems