Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Firewall Access

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Default Firewall Access

Hi guys, I'm baaaaaack. I have my starter swtich under the hood. Haven't gotten around to fixing the igniton swtich. Where inthe firewall is the access to run wires into the interior as i want to run this inside for a while.

Thanks (82 Vette)

Old 09-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Default RE: Firewall Access

Anyone know where to run a wire through the firewall to the interior? Thanks again

Old 09-01-2008, 08:58 PM

There are a couple grommets for running stuff into the interior. You can feel around the firewall, look for cables and wires already passing through. There is one almost dead center, kind of behind the gauge cluster about 8-10" below the wipers (if I recall correctly). Another is over on the driver's side near the steering column pass-through. It has been awhile since I ripped the dash out. Of course, it has been 15 months since I drove my Vette as well.

bill.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:02 PM
pg

Hi cyclic hardover, if you need a temporary hole could you use the same grommet that the speedometer cable comes thru?

Hi Bill, thats not 15 months because its still in the paint shop is it? PG

Old 09-01-2008, 10:36 PM

Thanks, remember last fall when i wrote the story of the damn thing running over my foot. haven't really changed anything much. Don't want it to happen again and will run the switch to the inside. Getting tired of popping the hood all the time nd too lazy to fix the ignition switch. Thanks ll.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:23 PM

Ummm... Yeah. Still in the paint shop. Long story, new owners... Crud under the 2 coats of high build primer making bubbles... some "shop damage"... They even painted the new stinger hood *before* fitting it, so it rubbed on the front edge and f'd up the paint all along the edge. Idiots.

They started from scratch 2 weeks ago. We'll see.

bill.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Damn Bill, My shop is lame and I've painted three in the last 6 months. Sounds like the paint shop has their heads up their a$$es. I'd have gone postal on them by now. Need some back up to chat with the retards?, You're not that far from me. Could be there in a few hours with my bat.Hope they sort you out on the cost.Cheers

Old 09-08-2008, 05:47 AM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Damn Bill, My shop is lame and I've painted three in the last 6 months. Sounds like the paint shop has their heads up their a$$es. I'd have gone postal on them by now. Need some back up to chat with the retards?, You're not that far from me. Could be there in a few hours with my bat.Hope they sort you out on the cost.Cheers
Now this is a "true blue site brother." This is one of the beauties of having a "local" club. Everyone goes to the shop and is present when the initial deal is made, and backs-up the "jobee"in the event of a mishap. "WAY TO GO, blue..." Wish we were all more near one-another.