Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

hi all

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Default hi all

Hey everyone. Well just got all the parts for my 78. So going to get this car all done. i will have to post some pic when its done. How many of u all use your vettes as daily drivers? This car is going to be mine for a little bit. is there anything I should do to the car to make sure it will make it though the winter?
Thanks jay

Old 11-17-2007, 06:48 AM
Default RE: hi all

Hi Jay, I can't remember where " winter " is for you, are you in the rust belt? If your going to use it in the slippery stuff then be defensive when driving. There's nothin' special about the '78, just old-school Chevrolet, if the engine starts and runs reliably in the cold then you'll be ok in that department. Keep the undercarriage clean to minimize rust, the elements already have a thirty year head start on it.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Just like any other car, keep the fluids up, fresh antifreeze, change filters, a fresh tune up, and give 'er a good rince at times of road sanding and salting.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:35 PM
pg

Hi 6776 and welcome to the forum! What parts did you get?
Yes my car is a daily driver, a stock 350 auto and if its not raining, I'm taking the Vette. PG.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:08 AM

Well first I'm in the south burbs of chicago. So In the rust belt. But there has been less snow and ice here every winter.
The car has 36k on it. been sitting in my moms garage for a long time. She used to drive it alot than stop. Car needed repairs she did not want to do at the time. Than just ended up sitting for like 5 or 6 years. Well she finally gave it to me.

So far i have bought a new intake, belts,hoses,cap,rotor,wires,plugs,oil change,antfreeze change, tires,carpet set(mice tore up the old one)radio and speakers,front brakes,and in the spring I will be painting it. I think thats it but i'm sure I'm forgetting something.

jason