Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

My car is female....

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 12:08 AM
Default My car is female....

Well, I officially found out my car is female.. I took my girlfriend on vacation for a few days and left the car in the parking garage. She got jealous and decided to throw a fit. I now need to rebuild my ps control valve and my exhaust has a strange rattle in it.

The exhaust is my main concern. Is it possible for a rock to get inside there? The rattle was not present when I left, but now at very low rpms I hear a distinct rattle.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Default RE: My car is female....

Rick, Allow me if you don't mind. Could therattle be heat shields? I've had similar problems on other makes and models.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:15 AM
cwb

ORIGINAL: dar322

Rick, Allow me if you don't mind. Could therattle be heat shields? I've had similar problems on other makes and models.
I second this motion. And if it's the case, it's a good thing, sort of - it means it's still there.

Does it come in and go out at the same rpm # every time?

Old 09-04-2007, 12:10 PM

ORIGINAL: cwb

ORIGINAL: dar322

I second this motion. And if it's the case, it's a good thing, sort of - it means it's still there.

Does it come in and go out at the same rpm # every time?
yup

Old 09-04-2007, 07:10 PM

I'm in agreement with the rest of the members on this one, check the heat shield on the catalytic converter, the extreme heat and salt air will rot it fast. Cars and females are very closely related, if it's got tires or **** it will eventually give you trouble.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

[sm=exactly.gif]This is more common than ya might think.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:14 PM

Bubba strikes again!

It turns out that the "rattle" was caused by whoever put the borla exhaust system on. They didn't put the nuts on the bolts so half the bolts were rattling around. Luckily the auto skills shop I go to has a junk pile of nuts and bolts so I was able to fix it all.

Next project is to rebuild the power steering control valve and track down the three mounting brackets I need for my a/c compressor. (Pacvette didn't have them.)

Old 09-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Dang, sorryI sent ya a bad direction, they've been pretty good at havin' whatI've needed. 'Cept for pullies and an oil pan. I think they just didn't want to strip any engines for the parts I wanted. [&o]

Old 09-05-2007, 08:39 PM
ax

Hummm....The "power control valve" stopped working, and the whole thing makes an annoying noise?
Sounds like a women to me.
P.S. did the power control valve stop working before or after you married....errrr.....put alot of work intoit?

Old 09-05-2007, 08:43 PM

The valve had a small leak in it that after sitting for a few days spilled tears of jealousy (err power steering fluid) onto the pavement. I figured eh what the hell. I'll just rebuild it. The kit only ran $25.

-Rick

Quick Reply: My car is female....