Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

new mouse

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Default new mouse

If all goes well on Monday I'll be picking up my 383 short block and heads from the machine shop. he called me Thursday, said it was ready, I was all geeked-up Friday thinkin' I would have time after work to get it--WRONG, had to fix a boiler so people would have heat for the weekend and didn't finish that job 'till 6pm. So all weekend I'm chompin' at the bit to get this motor in my garage, like a kid waitin' for Christmas.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Banned
Default RE: new mouse

That's understandable. Look at it this way.... You did good by your customers, they're warm. You did good by yourself, you'll get paid. You can take the money and buy some extra goodies, maybe some nice shiney stuff for your new mouse. I know about the impatience thing, I dealt with 5 motor installations in 3 years, there was a lot of waiting for each motor..... It's all well worth it in the end!

Don't forget - We want PICTURES!!!!!!!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 01-06-2008, 09:17 PM
pg

That's great, a new 383 will be a great improvement from what GM put in your car. Buckle up and hold on! Twice the HP=twice the fun. PG.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

Pictures? pictures? ...Did somebody say pictures?...... I wanna see...

Old 01-06-2008, 09:38 PM

DeeVee,
Impatience??? Droppin' all those motors in, you weren't waiting on a thing. LOL Not even enough time inbetween to beat 'em good.
Buckshot,
Take your time and "do it right." When you get it running and on the road, no one will ask how long it took you, the time factor will be of no significance. The main objective is to bolt it up right and have it run super well for years to come. When it's not burning any oil fifteen years from now, then there will be something to talk about, and the extra weekend will be something to look back at and smile.
Best of Luck on the build and install.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Hot Dang! [sm=bounceybounce.gif]
I'm excited for ya there, buckshot! [sm=happy046.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 01-09-2008, 03:01 PM

Congrats! I can't wait to see the pictures. Going to chrome it out or go for a lower profile look?

Old 01-09-2008, 09:30 PM

I appreciate all of the support from everyone, short block is now on the engine stand. I still need to work out the oil pan, oil pump and pickup then I can start to button it up. I'm not into chrome very much, in fact I have a factory aluminum intake being bead blasted right now, I'm going to clear-coat it 'cause I like the look of clean cast aluminum. I'll be using a painted steel pan and maybe aluminum valve covers, all the iron will be orange. So you can see I 'aint into dumpin' much money into cosmetics, I put a few bucks into what should be an extremely durable motor that will perform well on the street and run on pump gas. I'll try to appease everyone with some pictures if my boy has the ability to make it happen.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds great to me, Can't wait to see it. Are you going to use clear paint or clear powder coat? They make a hi temp powder coat that would look real deep. Cheers

Old 01-10-2008, 08:05 PM

I'm thinkin' I'll just shoot it with a high temp or wheel paint clear, I just want it sealed to keep it clean.

Quick Reply: new mouse