Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Photos up

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator
Default Photos up

At C3 Starship's behest, I put some old pics in the gallery. They are scanned prints so not the best and since it's a mess now, can't get any new digital ones. They're on pg 3 but don't know if that stays the same. Not sure how the albums are ordered.

For those with a '68 to early '81, there's a pic of the St. Louis plant (your car's birthplace). That's as close as they'd let us get w/ a camera. After takingthe tour, I could see why the quality was a little suspect as the line reminded of the early films of Model Ts coming off the line.

Here's one that was too big for gallery when it was new before any mods except for passenger side mirror.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1957/7763E5997A1549629A711FBDB2A031B8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-10-2008, 11:59 PM
pg
Default RE: Photos up

WOW! That is one fine looking Vette! Ground effects, FI, Great color and beautifull wheels, and on display in a shopping center! Why were you holding back? PG.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Yes-siree, that's a great lookin' Vette. [sm=icon_rock.gif]
Thanks for puttin' up some pics, we all wanted to see more of your "Baby".

Old 02-11-2008, 01:16 PM

I like the white wall tires as they bring back the older days. Sorry fellas', I REALLY miss the days of the "older" way of doing things, not just with cars. I also think that the front end on your 'Vette, although maybe not as aerodynamic as my '81, is so damn much more practical as I'm tired as heck of having to hit EVERY bump or dip at a 45 degree angle so as not to "wammy" the bottom front of my car.
You've kept your 'Vette in GREAT shape!

Old 02-11-2008, 03:57 PM

What size tires did you have on the vectors?

Old 02-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks to all. Just didn't have any digital pics, so had to scan and crop.

Texas Jim: Sharp eye on the W/Ws. Those were the OEM Firestone 500 radials (allill: GR70-15) which I sold to a friend before they were recalled. Remember that? Then my friend got a free set of new tires after he'd worn my old ones out. I wasn't in to the RWLs yet, so paid extra for the white strip sidewalls. [] Replaced them w/ BFG RWL 255/60-15s and plan to put another set of those on when I get it back on the road.

pg: The FI was a three month experiment back in the car's early days. Still have it and got some tips from a FI pro which should fix my problems. The car show was also in the early days when it was easy to clean up. Since it was a daily driver and I'm in the rust belt, it got to be a real pain to compete with the "trailer queens".

Work left to do: replace seals in the M20, rebuild steering control valve, rebuild VIR (A/C), rebuild Q-jet, rebuild front suspension, install eng/tran.. Then hopefully if the engine runs, will drive for awhile then strip it down for its second repaint.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:04 AM

Hi C3starship,
I would like to put some pics in the gallery but don't know how to do it. I've found no tool about in my profile page. can you help me?

Old 02-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

I'd be glad to help ya out here.
1. Click on "Gallery", in red letters, at the top of any page.
2. Next, click on "Corvette Forums Members Gallery".
3. Now click on "Add Album".....
4. Enter a title name and click OK.
5. Next page will show that you now have an album.
You will see "Add Photo" in red, click on that.
6. The next page shows spaces to download your photos.
7. Click on "Browse", that will allow you to access photos on your computer. I suggest that you download one at at time, otherwise it may take a while for multiple pics to load.
Can't wait to see your album.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:20 AM

Hi C3Starship

I put some pics of my Corvette in the Album. thanks for your help. I will add more pics as soon as I do more jobs on my car ( suspensions and some other things)
Actually I'm making also some short video clips ( 10 sec)of my Vette's riding. I think it will be a great addiction to the Forum, the possibility to show short clips with sound :so we can enjoyand compareour engines' sound and see our Vettes riding

I take the chance to thank you and all the other Forum's membersfor the great help in solving troubles, restoring and enjoying my Corvette
Aldo

Old 02-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Great pics there, Aldous! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Quick Reply: Photos up