Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

picture of the 68 vert with new sidepipes!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Location: Millbrook,Alabama....Slap dab in the middle of God's Country
Default RE: picture of the 68 vert with new sidepipes!

BEAUTIFULL car! Did you notice a difference in the amount of heat on the floorboards with the new exhaust?

Old 10-17-2007, 03:26 PM
cwb

That machine just looks powerful.[sm=smiley20.gif]

And that 5 gallon la-Z-boy no rocker no recliner is the sign of a hard-workin' mechanic.[sm=smiley32.gif][sm=tongue.gif]

Old 10-17-2007, 11:17 PM

Nothing like the before and after pictures to see what the heck we've been busting our *** for!

Old 10-18-2007, 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Flying Low

BEAUTIFULL car! Did you notice a difference in the amount of heat on the floorboards with the new exhaust?
Thanx and hell yes!! the ceramic coating deffinetly pushes the heat out and away!! the cabin used to get real warm with the under body exh. but now 1/2 as much!!

Old 10-18-2007, 09:13 PM

cwb i think i still have the ring on my *** from that bucket!!

Rich, I think i enjoy seeing the fruits of my labor as much as drivin the car! takin an old abused ratty car and makin it look clean and new!!

Old 10-21-2007, 06:25 AM

There's no doubt about it, working on your car and getting it right is, to me, the "big payoff." Growing up, I rememberALL the guys who had performance cars or bikes turned their own wrenches. When I had different "hot" bikes, I loved changing the oil, setting the carbs and checking everything prior to going to the track or just going out for a Sunday morning scream. Now, when you talk to someone who's driving something hot, they may not even know what a cam is. And how can you ride afast sportbike safely and not knowthe mechanics of it to some extent? Or how about going into a parts store and trying to explain something to someone who's neverhad a wrench in their hand?
When I'm on one of these sites, if I run into someone who doesn't know very much about mechanics, I don't get angry with them for not knowing, I'm delighted that they're willing and trying to learn how to do their own "wrench turning" as atleast they can figure out who's worth taking their car to if it's alittle over their head.. No matter how far I go with a disagreement with someone on the site, I don't feel personal about it in any way because I know we're in the same boat and I always have an unspoken (understood) respect for that person.
"LONG LIVE THE WRENCH TURNERS!!!!!!!"

Old 10-21-2007, 07:00 PM

How loud is something like that compared to a regular style exhaust?

Old 10-22-2007, 08:58 AM

well there are 3 different muffler inserts for the sidepipes from mild to wild so as loud as you want i guess!!

Old 10-22-2007, 11:23 AM

Do the inserts (baffles) give you more torque at different RPMs?

Old 10-22-2007, 03:20 PM

I was just wanting to know a few things about your new exhaust; What brand are the side pipes and where did you get them, did you have to do any mods to the car too make tham fit, what kind of headers are you running and the price range? I am currently building a 1976 with a LT4 355 engine and T56 6-speed. Thanks for any info, Dan.

Quick Reply: picture of the 68 vert with new sidepipes!