Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Plans for your C3

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Default Plans for your C3

Now that you own a C3 do you plan on keepingit stock or modifying it.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Plans for your C3

Modify, by all means. I don't have a numbers matching car, so the universe is the limit! I didn't want a numbers matching car, I bought the "Starship" with the soul purpose of building it the way "I" want it.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:33 PM

I plan to Modify some things, but mostly will stay stock.

A Little more pop in the engine. Custom paint. Poly bushings instead of Rubber. Custom Hood, but still have the stock hood in case the custom project doesn't pan out.

Some Pics..

My engine.. Not quite stock, but not a barn burner either...

Name:  IMAG0016w.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  36.8 KB

The custom hood still some work to do ....
Name:  IMAG0017w.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  26.1 KB

My baby as she sits. New color in the engine compartment. Kind of greusome I know.

Name:  IMAG0074w.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  40.1 KB

Name:  IMAG0165w.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  35.7 KB

This is what happens when the "While I'm At It" Monster rears it's ugly head!

Hopeing to get lots done this spring.... Would love to drive her again this year.

I'm new to this forum, haven't had much of a chance to poke around yet, but looks good so far..

Old 01-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like you have a great project goin' on there!
Welcome to CF, and keep the pics comin', we'd love
to see how she turns out!

Old 01-27-2007, 02:16 PM

Speaking of painted engine compartments,how is yours doing Dave ? Did you get some paint in there or is the weather still not cooperating?Still got the shoehorn here if you want to use it to get the big block in.I figure if i get enough guys to use it ,it will have lots of experience when it comes time to put mine in.Have a good one Talk at ya later. Oh ya,My vette is like Daves,a none numbers car and I too will be doing my own thing and doing it my way.Boy that last remark sounds really familuar.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: busnut

Speaking of painted engine compartments,how is yours doing Dave ? Did you get some paint in there or is the weather still not cooperating?Still got the shoehorn here if you want to use it to get the big block in.I figure if i get enough guys to use it ,it will have lots of experience when it comes time to put mine in.Have a good one Talk at ya later. Oh ya,My vette is like Daves,a none numbers car and I too will be doing my own thing and doing it my way.Boy that last remark sounds really familuar.
In my younger years, I've changed an engine while there was a foot of snow on the ground, rainin', 6" of sluch and mud, and all at 11:00 at night. (and no garage)
I just can't seem to get my old bones motivated for a repeat of that experiance!
Every thing is on hold 'til better weather, but I'm gettin' parts together to complete the transplant. I goin' freekin' nuts though, I wanna drive soooo bad!
My F-250 4X4 just don't do it for me! [&o]

Old 01-27-2007, 05:04 PM

I can relate to the age thing. It is deffinetly harder to get motivated in this weatherThe mind is saying we are going to do this and this and this etc.and the body is saying oh no we aren't.Hence it takes alot longer to do stuff now.Oh well ,I can feel better just by going out and looking at my projects because I have them.Oh, just got some stuff from Ecklers,wiring diagram and assembly manual.Time for some reading.Have a good day and talk at ya later.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Like Dave and Buznut, My '73 Big Bad 454 Coupe is a non numbers car so it's getting molested. I want a tire peelin', neck snappin', crash and burn type death trap and sofar everything is lookin' good. I am lucky enough to have a bone stock '87 that can stay that way with exception to the paint. but the C3 is damn sure gettin' tweaked...... to say the least.

Old 01-28-2007, 06:18 AM

i had a numbers matching 77 but because it was a 77 i wasnt too worried about it, now i have a "almost 200 mph 77" tryin to hit 200 naturally, no nitrous or chargers...fun stuff!!

Old 01-29-2007, 07:40 PM

My 69 convertible is not a number matching car either. So, I have taken a little poetic license with the car. It looks like a stock Vette on the outside and on the interior. Open the hood and it is a different story.Hopefully, I will be done in a month or two.

Quick Reply: Plans for your C3