Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

A quote I had to share....

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default A quote I had to share....

The C3 is like walking into a European restaraunt, smashing the table with a sledgehammer, and screaming, "STEAK!" [sm=shades.gif]
by cmcbunch

Now, that's a statement!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: A quote I had to share....

Which explains why I'm not enamored with newer models. They're like walking into the same restaurant and asking for the wine steward. Too refined for me.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Yup give me a bloody roastbeef hogie and a fith of Wild Turkey, in a pub and bigblock that runs on moon shine and produces loud obnoxious, flatulent exhaust, like the country boy I am.

Firewater, fists and females.....the red blooded American Male way!

Old 03-19-2008, 11:06 PM
pg

Moon Shine, that's what keeps us going here, If you can't stop by I'll just have to take a ride and see you! PG.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:57 AM

Damn, PG,you're from mountholly?! I'm from Mooresville, next time I'm on leave we'll have to have a few beers.

I'm stationed in the panhandle of FL at the moment.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

beers??? gotta be white lightnin'! Hillbillies always drink 'shine. LOLMoonshine...keeps you and youhotrod runnin'! It's the elixir of life! Good for what ails ya. yeeehaww!!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:27 PM
pg

OK Rickcusaf, let me know when your back in town, PG.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Rickcusaf

I'm stationed in the panhandle of FL at the moment.
Eglin by any chance?

Old 04-04-2008, 08:48 AM

I'll show up to drink the Wild Turkey with you and try to pronounce and talk **** about the word "flatulant" -in that fancy European Restaurant. LOL
Acouple years ago in 1980, myself and another French Commando school soldier satat a fancy restaurant bar in Brisach,Germany,a French/German border town, and drank a couple'sshots that were on a tray on the barwaiting to go to their table each time the waiter went back into the kitchen for another item for the tray. After drinking the shots the forth time, the waiter must have been looking through the crack in the kitchen door and came flying out with a bat and chased us up the street.The people in the restaurant ducked somewhat whenmy buddy, Shadowens, and I ran from the bar to the door, like we were going to take a hostage or something. LOL It wasone of two nights out during "French Commando School" w/ the French Army, probably a mistake to let us out of the cage. LOL Although I was dressed appropriately.LOL
So, like I said, I am for drinking the Wild Turkey and formally and intelligently discussing whatever should be discussed in a classy European restaurant, if we have Wild Turkey to discuss things w/ Wild Turkey and have a drink to whatever we discuss with Wild Turkey...U can dress 'em up, but can't take 'em out-to drink Wild Turkey...and drink to that...and now I'm ready for that sledgehammer as long as it doesn't wrinkle my suit, and ofcourse a drink of Wild Turkey would be in order at this time...

Old 04-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

We'll leave the light on.

Quick Reply: A quote I had to share....