Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Sign-Up for The "Coast to Coast 'Vette Forums Relay"

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Default Sign-Up for The "Coast to Coast 'Vette Forums Relay"

If you want "in" on the "Coast to Coast 'Vette Forums.com Relay," list: 1.your user name, 2. town/city and state and 3. whether the group that you'll be linking up with could meet at your house either to start off or end up that leg of the relay. 4. Any ideas you have for anything to do with the relay.***You "do not" have to participate in the relay itself in order to post ideas or suggestions. Please feel free.
Meeting at your house doesn't mean you having to feed or put anyone up for the night, but only a link-up spot to get joined up or part at the end of a leg and take some photos, etc. where the group wouldn't get hastled by the cops for hanging out in any way insome public area. Any extras would beup tothe site member. We won't know for awhile, until all participant's names are in, who or how many will be in each group. I'm hoping plenty!
We have a long time to plan as, like I said, we'd make this happen sometimeat the end of the summer, 2008. We'll work this thing so it will work as well as possible for everyone involved.We, as a group, will be as flexible as possible as I know that everyone wants as many as possible to participate.
And like I mentioned before, any and all ideas of any kind are welcome and will be put in the mixfor sure. With all the time we have to plan, and with everyone participating, also in the way of ideas, this should be a great event. And even if you don't participate in the relaywith your "Vette,"PLEASE" participate with ideas.This is"OUR" event.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Sign-Up for The "Coast to Coast 'Vette Forums Relay"

I'm in. Ilive in Dickson TN. Big yard to park all the vettes. Good end point or starting point. Dickson is in midddle Tn., 30 min west of Nashville. 3 hours from either the Great Smokie Mountains or the Mighty Mississippi River and Memphis.....amd...... only a little over 2 hours from the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY. Y'all Comeoooon down. Cheers

Old 12-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

O. K., I'm in.
Reno, Nevada. ( Actually Cold Springs, about 20 miles North of Reno, on U.S. 395 ) Not much room at my place, but we have a park very near by that would be good for meeting up. I would be glad to take the batton from those comming from the East, and take it on Westward. ( Although I am further West than those in So. Calif. )

We have a gathering in August called "Hot Agust Nights". Over 5,000 Rods, Customs, and Classics from around theU.S. attend this gathering. It may be possible fora Relay "meet and great" at that time.( just a thought )

Old 12-10-2007, 08:24 PM
pg

I live in Mount Holly NC, thats just west of Charlotte, (and Charlotte was also my X-Wifes name)
So blueshark how far apart are we?
Could this be a leg?

If we could get 8 cars here, the Mayor will close Main Street a have a parade! PG.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

PG, About 4.5-5 hours? Charlotte is about 1.5 hours from the state line right?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:36 PM

I'm in the NW Chicago suburbs. Freezing rain coming in tonight. Not sure anybody would want to come around here in August, too muchcongestion. But if my car is road worthy by then, I'm up to heading out. Say maybe head towardEffingham where Mid America Motorworks resides. Or maybe into Indiana around Nashville and Brown County is very scenic. I haven't been following this much but what's the deal? Meeting up and traveling together? Maybe Texas Jim canbring his tools just in case I need his help.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:09 PM
pg
Default Take tools!

Take tools! You got that right! Learned that the hard way. Got 100 miles away when a fan belt broke.
Carry extra belts, hoses and tools now. PG.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:23 PM
pg

ORIGINAL: blueshark

PG, About 4.5-5 hours? Charlotte is about 1.5 hours from the state line right?
Just did a map quest, Mount Holly to Dickson is 450 miles at 60 mph thats 7.5 hours. Yes I'm about 2 hours from the nc.tn border. If I take 74W it's a little quicker.
It was 80* and sunny here today, and dar322 had freezing rain, that won't work. This could work if we can all be in the area. PG>

[IMG]local://upfiles/2883/535DD70BC3534A13A9B7EEB1259B7651.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-11-2007, 04:41 PM

I'm in a little mid-west college town just west of the Motor-City, probably nobody but watwheel has heard of the MICHIGAN WOLVERINES, anyway it's not exactly close to the central part of the country but maybe we could join several smaller links and strengthen the chain.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Banned

OK - Count me in too. Camden County,New Jersey, just 10 minutes east of Philadelphia, Pa or 2 hours south of NYC. The house is big enough for a guest or two, as long as you like dogs!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Quick Reply: Sign-Up for The "Coast to Coast 'Vette Forums Relay"