Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Sign-Up for The "Coast to Coast 'Vette Forums Relay"

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Sign-Up for The "Coast to Coast 'Vette Forums Relay"

ORIGINAL: pg

ORIGINAL: blueshark

PG, About 4.5-5 hours? Charlotte is about 1.5 hours from the state line right?
Just did a map quest, Mount Holly to Dickson is 450 miles at 60 mph thats 7.5 hours. Yes I'm about 2 hours from the nc.tn border. If I take 74W it's a little quicker.
It was 80* and sunny here today, and dar322 had freezing rain, that won't work. This could work if we can all be in the area. PG>

[IMG]local://upfiles/2883/535DD70BC3534A13A9B7EEB1259B7651.jpg[/IMG]

60mph??? if you do 60 on I40 you'll get run over. lunitics average around 85mph on I 40 around here. thats about 5.29 hours no need to stop for gaswith 32 mpg in the vette. I try to stay around 75-80 tops. around 6 hours. Comeon over for some fresh BBQ'd Venison.

we were 76* today and are supposed to get snow thursday. What a Country!

I think I've heard of the Mchigan Wolverines, Aren't they black and gold?

My house is open too....just don't tease the monkeys! LOL!

Old 12-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

O.K. Texas, you writin' all this down?
Ya think we ought to let the C1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 owners in on this too?
I wouldn't want them to feel left out, just 'cause they don't own a C3.

Myol' H. S. has the Wolverines. So ya, I've heard of the Mich. Wolverines. Our colors were Red and White.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:14 PM

I'm interested as well. I live in central Long Island, NY - Not too many places in the country East of me unless they come from New England. Haven't heard of anybody on LI interested, but I'd be happy to host anyone coming from further east on the Island. I live on a big cul de sac and would love to have a bunch of vettes representing LI fill it and make the run to Jersey.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:05 AM

I would definately be interested in joining ifI can get the time off from work. I'm with Buckshot about joining up at some point. Our Wolverines are Maize & Blue and headed for disaster against Florida on New Years Day.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:22 AM

So far, so good. I'll be posting, at the end of this coming weekend (Dec. 16th.), on this topic, the people who are "IN" on the relay so far. I'll also have some kind of order and groups. Thanks for getting together with each other and making it easier to group peepz together.

C3, If we got all the other C's in on this, it would be quite a big run. Itreally would be cool if we were to get many many 'Vettes in on this relay as each leg would be a super run, the more I think about it, the more exciting it is to me,but I'd be concerned about organizing something that big as it could turn out to be quite a task, even with a bunch of us working together on it. Do you think we should take a vote on it? Let me know "all of"what you think about it. And last but NOT LEAST, thanks much for the input. This is exactly what I was referring to.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

It's not so much that there would be so many more vettes in any one leg, I see a "spider web" effect and many strands reaching across the country. I'd like to see as many members involved as posible, reguardless of their year of Vette. Think about it....
A Southern route, a Northern route, a middle route, North to South, South to West, East to North,.....get my drift? I kinda see an East to West in general. Follow the Sun! ( just thinkin' out load here.... )
True, it will be quite a task, but if we all work on it together, we can pull it off. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 12-13-2007, 09:06 AM

C3, The more I think about it, the better it sounds. I think that it would work "itself" out if we let it. #1. What's the best way to go about advertisingthe "Relay"to the other Cs? Since we do want the biggest turn-out possible...
#2. Question for you? Would we, after figuring out the geographical borders for each of the groups, beable to post "each geographical group's sign-up individually/separately"each being a separate subject,somewhere on this forum? What I mean is, I don't want to break any rules, *use too much space, or ****-off the site bosses, orhowever you'd say it...I think you get what I mean.It obviously couldn't and wouldn't bein the C3 area. (I'll have to look at the other areas on thesite tosee where this would be correctly posted.)
If the people signed up into their respective (geographical)groups, it's quite possible that the groups could work out the meeting points/parting points on their own. (together, as a group) Then, a couple of us could pick it up from there to set dates/times for each group to make their move. How does this sound? And do you or does anyone else have anything to add or suggest?

***Nine (9) of us in on the relay so far.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Default RE: Take tools!

Yes, Tools will be with me, clean and organized and I'll be personally ready to help/turn wrenches as needed with/for anyone. No problem.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:13 AM

...Continued from my "last" (edited) post...
C3 Starship: Let's advertise the "Relay" in each of the "C" areas. (C1 &C2, C4, C5, C6) After a certain date (to be determined), we'll gather all the namesin/from each of the groups and set dates and timesfor movement in the relay.
While the sign-up in each of the "C" groups is going on, we'll have to figure out a way to continue to "keep it fresh" so that it doesn't become a stale or old topic.

TO ALL SITE MEMBERS: Any ideas for "keeping it fresh" while the sign-up is going on would be appreciated. I feel that it's going to take everyone to make (atleast) this part of it work and be most effective. Thanks.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:18 AM

Hey guys,
Just brainstorming here:

Maybe talk to the people in marketing at Chevrolet to see if they would have any interest in participating, sponsoring, .........(maybe individual dealerships in the areas we traverse)

Try to combine this with some local shows along the way with our Corvette Forums.Com representative in that area leading the way in each show.....(Maybe the ride of the month winner or as the route is established, have the group in that leg of travel vote on a rep)

As far as keeping it fresh we should just keep soliciting everyone for any ideas, routes or showsin their areas, electing reps, etc..... and develop it as we go allowing members to vote on all the options.

Food for thought anyway

Quick Reply: Sign-Up for The "Coast to Coast 'Vette Forums Relay"