Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Spring Has Sprung - Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Spring Has Sprung - Finally!

The big chrome cap on your right valve cover that has the black hose comin' out. Unscrew it, about 1/4 to 1/2 turn, and pour in your oil.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:13 AM

Hi Aldo, you can pull the breather out of the valve cover or pull the PCV valve out and insert a small funnel in that hole, both will accomplish the same thing. The oil will take a few minutes to make it's way to the oil pan so just add a little at a time and check at the dipstick.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: 1974corvetteowner

I could not believe how nice today was. It was painful for me sinceI am away at college andI know the vette is sitting in the garage under her cover waiting to be driven

Where are you from DeeVeeEight? or better yet what track so you go to?
I am in Southern New Jersey. I get out to Atco Raceway occasionally and once in a while I go up to Englishtown.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Does the hose from the breather on the passenger side go to the air cleaner base? If so, make sure it has some type of flame arrestor on the carb side to prevent a backfire from setting off crankcase fumes.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:21 AM

thanks,

the passenger side breather goes to the air cleaner via a hose. I have removed the big chrome cap just by pulling it. inside the valve cover , in the hole, I see a kind of plate , I don't see immediately a hole that goes into the cranckcase...

this morning I'm going to the motors office to make my car's italianization : the car will be checked, tested then I'll get all the italian papers and plates. I hope everything will go fine.
I have waited for 3 months to get the paper with tech datas from the italian historic cars club. Without that certificate , it's impossible to keep a Corvette here at reasonable costs ( taxes)

Old 04-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

That plate you see is probably a baffle to keep oil spray from going into the air cleaner. At high rpm, there's quite a fog of oil inside the valve covers.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:24 AM

thanks,

sometimes I see some ( really few)oil at the top of my air cleaner. I will open the air cleaner and check inside. Anyway I think that the PCV circuit is working well , because I have no oil leakage at all on my engine.

Troubles with the italianization of my Vette. my car has been refused due to some stupid persons at the office. They asked to modify the cars lights to adapt them to the european standard. This thing is not totally correct because my Vette is an historic car and so all its original specs should be kept...Anyway I have modified the arrangement of tail lights . I'll go to the office tomorrow. Cross my fingers...

Old 04-16-2008, 12:02 PM
pg

Hi Aldo, sorry to hear about the setback, both outside tail lights go on when you apply the brakes what do they want you to change? PG.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:38 PM

I came home from school a week ago last friday and took my corvette back with me that sunday. It was 66 and sunny. 2 hour drive with the t-tops offand the sun out. Boy was it a blast... I'm looking forward for some morewarm sunny days

Old 04-16-2008, 11:37 PM

deffinately sounds like a good time Sweetness I wish i could bring mine to school with me...but i dont go to college in a nice neighborhood (New Haven CT) plus i also have to put the drivers seat back together and in the car befor i can drive it

Quick Reply: Spring Has Sprung - Finally!