Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

What do you do with your C3?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 06:21 AM
Default RE: What do you do with your C3?

Not A daily driver, I only take it out on nice weather, spend too much time detailing so it looks sharp , as it should. these cars are real head turners so they have to look sharp. I injoy every minute i'm in it. Usually the wife and I go to dinner or for a coastal ride with others or to corvette club gathering to admire other vettes and pick there brains on this. I love just cruisin by myself as well, makes me feel like i'm 18 again.
I do most of the work myself,suspension, brakes, trailing arms etc.new carpet next year. Not a big engine guy, will do minor things to it but big stuff i'll leave it for the right person. Would like to drop a crate engine in it some time in the future. A buddy of mine says he'll help me, so I'm looking forward to that. Runs great for now , so i'll wait. Just like waiting for the weather to break so i can roll it out of the garage.

Old 03-23-2008, 05:53 PM

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...zzy/My%20Cars/
My Red 76' is my daily driver. Clean it every day as well, gotta keep her looking sharp.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:05 AM

im a daily driver, work, school... the daily routine basically...

i bought it in october so ive had mine for about six months but ive put alot of work into those six months... the day i drove it off the lot, it died of fuel starvation... when we got it home and looked at it, every rubber tube in the car was dry rotted... serious problem in the desert... so we ran new fuel lines, replaced the starter when the first one gave up and refused to start, new fuel pump just incase it wasn't the an issue in the lines, new master cylinder, re-ran most electrical lines, added dome lighting on the T-Bar, added boss tires... i plan to do some body modifications namely a new hood and removing the urathane bumpers for some custom fiberglass ones... pulled the old radiator... had my water temp running up around 210... now im a cool 185... cracked the thermostat housing replaced that, rebuilt the carb (edelbrock not sure model) im about to add an MSD digital ignition box, underglow, vertical door kit, interior trim... thinking about glass tops but im not sure... the sun is murder around here... definately speakers... mine are shot...possibly an L-88 style hood...

i enjoy working on my car, the garage is where i do most of my work, though the driveway has seen its fair share...

in the very short term however i hope to make it so that i never need to tow my car home again... its a sad day to see a ford tarus draging a vette behind it...

Old 04-12-2008, 06:44 PM

I just purchased it a month ago so I've been gathering parts for the engine mods.
I purchased it from the original owner. It has been well cared for over the years. I will be doing some interrior restoration and have it repainted once I get the drive line where I want it.

Aluminum 64cc Performer RPM angle plug heads
Flowtech ceramic coated headers
MSD HEI distributor
Performer RPM Air gap manifold
Hydraulic flat tappet cam and lifter kit
Harland Sharp roller rocker kit
Holley 4160 vac. secondary carb
Tall valve covers (to clear the rockers)
Double roller timing chain and gears
Taylor Spiro Pro plug wires
110gph Billet fuel pump
ARP head & intake bolts

I finally received all of the engine parts and plan to do the engine mods next weekend.
Then it will be time to save more $$$ to do the interrior work and the paint job.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:55 PM

I try to drive it every day that is nice out. It is starting to hit the high 70s here. I have a small leak in the forward part of the transmission, not the pan gasket but somewhere up there. Gonna have to take it in and get it fixed. I have owned it for almost a year now and only have put about 100 miles on it. It is nice to take chirp the tires in all 3 gears. I don't think that is good on the rear end but it sure is fun. 79 white t-top, I will take pictures tomorrow. It looks exactly like aldous but I have quad exhaust coming out.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Hey there, HBZ_81C3!
Welcome to CF!

You'd make us happy, if ya'd show us some pics. [sm=Flahssssss.gif]
Keep us informed as things move along.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:10 PM

Thanks C3 Starship!!!

I will post as the work progresses. Can't wait until the engine work is completeand get some drive time in.
I will try to get pics up as soon as I can.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

Cool....[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 04-13-2008, 06:34 AM

My '81 is all original and in real good condition. There's a pic in the "Where are you" topic posted sometime back about three or four months. I drive it to the store for a beer and sometimes for a ride on a Saturday or Sunday morning. My wife drives it to work sometimes, only three miles one way on great roads and a really big half empty lot for employees, govt. HQ.Otherwise it would stay home. LOL Someone said that they don't drive it in the rain. You guys know how it is to open the window in a rain storm, no rain gutter above the door makes it a drag. I do like to take the tops off and ride around on a weekend night as alot of military guys around here (Fort Hood)have all kinds of custom rides, and some really nice ones. Everything you see has atleast custom wheels, and there's alot of performance new stuff around as well as old customs. The Texas weather permits the old stuff to stay in good condition. I just worry about getting hit by some jerk who has hit tunes too loud and five girls in the car. LOL.
I hope that we can all meet sometime in the future and share some 'Vettestories "in person." I enjoyed readng this topic very much.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:39 AM

ORIGINAL: DeeVeeEight

What do you like to do with your C3?
I drive around and look good! (With one good foot!)

Quick Reply: What do you do with your C3?