Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Whats up guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Default Whats up guys

Haven't been around in a while. Havent driven the Vette in 4 months since it ran over me!

Oh please tell you ask? Well I went to a carwash one day last fall. Been working on the electrical for a long time so I have a starter switch under the hood.

Washed it, dried it and popped the hood to start it and off it went! I have this "what the F___ look on my face as it rolls away. I run after it. Ever try getting into one of these damn things while its moving? Don't. I fell out and broke my a$$ on the threshold by the seat nd then the tire ran over my foot. Got back up running again.

This time i went in head first and grabbed the handbrake. Then sat in the seat and barfed from the pain. Was in a cast for two months until Christmas

Dummy hear apparently left it in gear. So the car an i have not been on a first name basis for some time.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2476/7B6705A35C884A0DBB8E5F0E245628C0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Whats up guys

Damn!!! Sorry to hear that CH, I'm glad you are getting better. You can't stay mad at her for ever though...I bet you'll be on better terms before spring . Glad it was just your foot and not more. Keep your feet up, Drink a beer and you'll do just fine. Glad your back. Cheers

PS: Did you keep the cast? Just for sentimental reasons?

Old 02-01-2008, 10:12 PM

Yeh,it was/is one of those big hard plastic walker types with velcro straps. I took it out the other day to get the emissions and registration done. Then put the car cover back on and said see ya later B-t-h!

I still keep the stinky sock that has tread marks all over it hangin in the garage.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

A trophy sock....need to frame it. Again, glad your doin' better.

My wife has one of them "boots in the closet. She broke her foot back in august of '06 running in flip-flops, up our back hill trying to get away from our monkey, Coty,after she pissed him off with the water hose.I know it hurt but it was funny 'cause when he caught her he bit her in the *** and then ran like hell like a little kid stealin' candy. LMAOShe's still limpin', but she don't screw with Coty anymore,LOL!

Cheers

Old 02-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]I'm sorry, but that's funny as hell there cyclic![sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

I can laugh, 'cause I've been just as stumpid.
( I'll have ta put mine in "True stories of...". Gimme a couple of days, and it'll be there.) *pg, you'll like this one.*

Old 02-02-2008, 09:06 AM

Yeh its not a bad story now. It was real good in the emergency room. I know all about Monkeys. You rub their fur the wrong way and you better take off. My uncle had a spider monkey for 23 years. Kind of like chihuahuas and bonds to only one person and barely tolerates the rest.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:47 AM

Actually there is sort of two parts to this story. This all happened early afternoon. Now you have to understand the logic of it all. It was a weekday and my day off. I have to shut down the cooler on the roof n the morning as she left for work and its a two story house. So I get the ladder out and get onthe first deck, bring up the ladder and go to the second.

Wife knew this was going to happen (told me too) and she was offto work (school teacher) So I spent a couple hours in the morning doing this and for my own reward, I took the vette out for a ride and ended up at the carwash.

Now jumping ahead after the accident. I get back home (in the vette) and soak my foot and its swelling like a balloon. I get inthe truck and drive to the VA Hospital. Get all checked in and such and they ask if i need to call someone. I say "no its okay."

Now my wife has a masters in education and along with all those other brain farts in school have managed in the past to screw up the simplest of messages. There is no doubt that if i had called to leave a message, she would have heard that I'm in the hospital and would have thought I'd fallen off the roof.

So I let it pass until about 6:30pm when i called home. Now she didn't immediately get upset because the caller ID showed the VA and I'm there alot anyways. So when I told her what happened, I was still an idiot no matter how yaserve it!

Old 02-03-2008, 11:09 AM
pg

Hi CH, that is too funny! I can hear it now. Hi honey, I'm in the hospital. I knew you were going to fall off the roof (Yada Yada). No honey I was run over by a car. What, the Vette, if you spent half the time with me as you spend with that car ( Yada Yada ).
Thanks for the laugh, and I'm glad your OK, PG.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:21 AM

I'd been eyeballing one of these Chevy HHR's. So I traded in the truck (gas mileagewas horrible) forone but not without hearing,"you should have traded in the vette after what it did to you." Nice car. Still has a lot of room in it and a 2.4 175hp engine. I'm in my second week and only at 3/4 of a tank on my normal drive. Usually went through 1 tank a week.

While were on the subject, I have not gone through the new car ritual in many years and glad to see its not changeed one bit. There were no surprises and took 3 trips tothe dealer in one day. The fallout was over the truck. They kept calling me back and I kept going down their and giving them the riot act.

Trip # 2 was especially nice. We "took it" out into the show room are where there were customers and it was not good. The three of us were about 15 feet from the sales mgr podium.
We're arguing real good and I look over another direction and the guy says. "are you going to answer me or what?" I said "I'm half deafyou f----in moron! these hearing aids give this away! "He backed off and I went out.

3rd time was around 7pm and closed the deal real late. They were really begging for it I guess. I got want i wanted for the truck. For those who have never gone through this."Everything" is negotiable. The cost of the car, interest rate, payment, length, Extended warranty. Thats a biggie. They don't pay jack for that and can tack on 2k easy.

You really want to make it easy, go in their with pre approval from your bank with a set low rate. They don't want you to use your bank as they don't make any money. They may even finance it for you with your own bank to keep you happy but stick with the rate. Or "hey if i can get you the same rate with another bank, will you finaince with us?" Thats okay to but you hold all the cards.

Its not over yet. Wheres the second key? We'll get it to you turned into 2 days and will you pay for half of the cost since it is a $50 key with a microchip. So I drove the car back and they came out and i told them give me a key or keep the car. I just dont screw around anymore and I wasn't bluffing. Got the key.

I wish I had this set of _____ when I was younger! Probably still would have ran over my foot anyways!

Old 02-16-2008, 08:52 AM

Hey cyc,
I have to say that you're a great story teller who honestly gets my attentionsince these two taleshave been both funny and non-fiction. My brother and I both laugh like heck together when one of us or someone else tells a good one. Being practical jokers, the stories usually take on a funny twist and just give us a good time overall no matter what we're doing, usually turning wrenches together, as if one of us comes visiting, the other saves the latest job for the both of us to work on. Sounds crazy, but we both enjoy working on automotive repairs and projects together.
Anyway, thanks for the great tales. I'll be looking for more, and it's not that I wish you more bad luck. LOL.

Quick Reply: Whats up guys