Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Whats it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Whats it worth?

Starship, thats cool. I started lessons last year and got my student cert. but ran out of money. when I went back my damn instructor was gone. I think I'm gonna get back in to it next month. I'll have some extra cash. cain't wait. good luck and have fun, nothin'ike it huh?

Oh yeah...Dude, buy that sleeping beauty and wake'er up!

Old 09-20-2006, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

Ya, I here ya on the fun and price. It'll cost me about 4 g's for my licence and another $1700 for my wife to get her co-pilot's licence.
But bein' up there, above it all, doin' 200mph plus, and no tail gaters!
Cut me off up here, and I'll put you in the ground, DEEP in the ground!

My Dad used to fly seach and rescue for the Civil Air Patrol. He used to take me up and let me fly, starting at about age 6 'till end of high school. Taking the courses and passing the tests is is just a formality.
That's why I named my Vette the "Starship", I love to fly.

Old 09-20-2006, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Starship, is ground school even required? the way I understand it, it's just to help you pass the FAA writen test. show the instructor you can fly, get your hours with him and have him sign off on the solo. then it's like 20 hours of solo time before you can do your check flight. good luck dude.
That must have been cool doing search and rescue with your Dad.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, ground school is required. That's where you get the training to read maps, plot courses, weather conditions, instrument reading, FAA rules, etc.... The place where I'll take my training also offers a course on mountain flying. Only another $400, and hands on too. There is another cert. for flying in clouds. To get my licence and all my certs it would take about $7000 for every thing. Just going to do one or two at a time. I'm only goin' for single engine cert.
Most of the time, Dad took other CAP officers with him, but I did get to go on a few searches. Spent a lot of time with the plane leanin' to the left or right at about 30* to 60*. It takes a lot of practice to fly in a straight line, leaning at 60*.

Old 09-20-2006, 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Hav

Lol, thanks for reassuring me guys.

I was sold the second I heard the price........ but I need all the backing and help I can get to try to convince my wife that its a great buy [8D]

Hopefully will end up with it sometime soon!
Print off this thread and show it to her!! *laughs* We love gettin' another enthusiast into the fold here... can't wait till you get her and please do take more pictures and post 'em, my friend!

Old 09-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Hav

Man, wife is absolutely refusing to budge on this one

I am going to see if he will hold on to it for a while for me... If not... welp, there goes that chance

Old 09-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

let her drive it one time and maybe she will change her mind. after all it is an investment for the future, seems they all go up in value and that beauty gives you a head start. we're praying to the " 'Vette Gods" for ya. Don't give up.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Hav

ORIGINAL: blueshark

let her drive it one time and maybe she will change her mind. after all it is an investment for the future, seems they all go up in value and that beauty gives you a head start. we're praying to the " 'Vette Gods" for ya. Don't give up.
She has driven it and ridden in it before.. it was before the interior was redone.. so it was in 04.

I think he'll (read: My Aunt) will hold it for a couple of months for me if she absolutely refuses right now.. Lol, gotta love women [8D]

Old 09-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Hav

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Ya, I here ya on the fun and price. It'll cost me about 4 g's for my licence and another $1700 for my wife to get her co-pilot's licence.
But bein' up there, above it all, doin' 200mph plus, and no tail gaters!
Cut me off up here, and I'll put you in the ground, DEEP in the ground!

My Dad used to fly seach and rescue for the Civil Air Patrol. He used to take me up and let me fly, starting at about age 6 'till end of high school. Taking the courses and passing the tests is is just a formality.
That's why I named my Vette the "Starship", I love to fly.
Ohh, was gonna say, I just got finished with a 6month contract at the Cessna assembly plant in Kansas. Wouldnt mind being a Cessna employee, they get all sorts of perks twords getting and keeping up their pilot license.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

****!!! Sorry to hear that, it's such a purdy car.

Quick Reply: Whats it worth?