Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Where are you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 01:02 AM
Default RE: Where are you?

C3, It's plain to see that you're a good-hearted guy. You didn't have to say anything yet you went out of your way to help. I also get amuch greatercharge out of helping than getting helped. (My wife's the computer manipulator and she put my pic up for me using one of the programs on our computer. LOL I'd have been sitting here all night. LOL)
BadOrange, The blue paint on your car looks fantastic. Is it that the "orange" is your favorite? Your 'Vette is super nice.
I had to laugh out loud as I had read the topic on looking for rims...and the next topic I go through is this one and someone has the very wheels on their car. LOL (I almost bought a set of those quite awhile back (not for my 'Vette)but they weretoo wide.)
jwerkjr, You may be in the cold country, but you are fortunate enough to have two really nice 'Vettes, and the C3withthe veryrare color scheme.
C3, Can you get any good race compound tiresto fitthose wagon wheels? The set-up for those may involve a lift kit. Honestly, it might. LOL
My 'Vette was repainted (same paint and color) on January 27, 1998, ten years ago next month. The paint has been very welltaken care of and there are only a handful of tiny chips or nicks, butall you guys have some quite new looking paint.Afew of the darker color jobs are sure enough clean. And alot of you guys have afew small special details. I must say that all the cars pictured under this topic are some real beauties. My "hat's off" to you guys. Especially the ones who are in a cold climate. From my experiencing both first hand, I know that it takes alittle extra determinatiion when it's 35 or 40 degrees on a sunny weekend morning and the 'Vette could use a good washing.
Again, "real beauties."

Old 12-04-2007, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

" C3, Can you get any good race compound tiresto fitthose wagon wheels? The set-up for those may involve a lift kit. Honestly, it might."
True steel belted.
Axle extentions and big fenderflares should do it.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:24 PM

Hey Texas Jim - Thanks for the compliment. The 82 Collectors Edition is all original including paint and looks awesome in the right sunlight and of course the black 04 looks HOT in any light. I spend quite a bit of time washing it however. I thought about putting a 140 mph speedo in the 82, but decided against it. With an 85 mph speedo it gets buried in a hurry. I just went to a boat show (my other love that gets put on hold from November thru April) and arrived to find a line of Vettes about 15 across in the back of the lot. There is nothing better looking than a Vettethan a bunch of Vettes. I do get out in the cold months as long as their is no salt on the roads. I have really enjoyed my short time on this forum. Seems like a great bunch of Vett owners. Can't wait to get past the new guy status. By the way, are any of you going to Bowling Green for the 15 yr anniversary in 09?

Old 12-04-2007, 08:33 PM
pg

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

So pg, I dropped that pic in your gallery.
Photo bucket has an option to edit photos. You can resize too.
I tried to do it, but I haven't yet figured my route to post your avatar for ya. I sent a reduced size photo to ya, I hope ya can work with it.

I do like those rims! [sm=icon_rock.gif]
Thanks again C3 Starship, I'll see if it works now.
You guys suse have some great looking cars. PG.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

I see ya got your avatar to show. That's a fine Vette ya got there Bro.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:51 AM

Edgewater, Maryland (near Annapolis)

Old 12-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Location: Millbrook,Alabama....Slap dab in the middle of God's Country

Mighty fine lookin vette. There is just something about that year.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6342/E3C38E3CC87D488BA9E52D0ED09C94E4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-31-2007, 04:24 PM

Perry, GA on I-75 90 miles south of Atlanta. All original, 107K miles. Paint is deteriorating on hood and behind T-Tops, but I still like her just fine!!

Old 12-31-2007, 04:29 PM

Try this again.
Perry, GA on I-75 90 miles south of Atlanta. All original, 107K miles. Paint is deteriorating on hood and behind T-Tops, but I still like her just fine!!

Old 01-02-2008, 12:18 PM

Plano. Texas
1978, she still needs some work but she's fun to drive.

Name:  DSCN0679.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  94.2 KB

Name:  DSCN0680-1.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  111.4 KB

Happy New Year all.
Tim

Quick Reply: Where are you?