Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

worth of a 69 coupe ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Default RE: worth of a 69 coupe ?

I'd say $2,500.00 is tops for a roller that needs some work and at this point, you don't know what else is missing or broken. The car will need a drive train, exhaust, radiator, wiring harness, interior replacement, wheel bearings, calipers and pads, master cylinder and booster, ball joints, u-joints, suspension bushings, shocks, tires, brake lines, gas tank and new fuel sender and lines, etc, etc, etc... Do you see the bank account dwindling quickly?

Recently, I was helping a friend with the restoration of a 65 Buick Riviera and found two sections of extension cord (orange, garage type) being used to wire in the rear lights and the stereo amp in the trunk. Bubba strikes again!!!

Old 11-28-2007, 09:18 AM

It's like any restoration on a car or a house...you estimate material and labor as accurately as possible and add 50%. This will bring you pretty close to what it'll cost you. Surely, if the car is for sale, the owner will let you check it out completely. From my experience and anyone who's ever done a restoration, unless you have a car of significant value, in the end you'll have more into the car than it's worth. But if you're going to keep the car, it's worth it as after you're finished, the car is "you."
I have to say guys, not that I live in a trailer park and I'm not judging anyone for sure, but the bias humor refering to; the trailer park, those who may live in a trailer park, their tastes and looks was for sure uncalled for. I, like anyone else, enjoy humor at any time, however, not when it degrades a person/people.
Like I said, I have never lived in a trailer park and the posted bias comments in no way address me personally. I do understand where the people who live in some of the run-down parks may be of a lowersocial class/status, but I see no reason to humorously degrade them. I'm much more conservative than liberal and have alot of old time ways about me, but I can't stand by silently when a book is is judged, in fun or seriousness, by it's cover. In heart and mind no one is any better than anyone else.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:07 PM

Well put Tex! One should thank God they arefortunate just to be alive!!

Old 11-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

" I have to say guys, not that I live in a trailer park and I'm not judging anyone for sure, but the bias humor refering to; the trailer park, those who may live in a trailer park, their tastes and looks was for sure uncalled for. I, like anyone else, enjoy humor at any time, however, not when it degrades a person/people."

No offence intended by our humor.
I live in a manufactured home, and our area has been refered to as "trailor trash". Also been called a"Red Neck", but hey, I can handleit, and can laugh at myself.Do ya laugh at "Blonde" jokes? I do! Yup, I'm a "Blonde".
We don't mean any harm.

If ya see an engine hangin' from a tree, a "Red Neck" lives there, and so does a gun.

How do ya confuse a blonde?
Put them in a trash can, and tell them to stand in the corner.

Somewhere, there really is a guy named "Bubba". [sm=lol.gif]

Old 11-28-2007, 09:11 PM

I hear ya Tex, but on the same note i moved out on my own at 16 worked and finished HS moved out of state with nothin but some cloths an my car and lived in a rauchy little trailer for 2 yrs worked saved my money moved to a better state again worked and saved, moved back to my home state worked my *** off and saved and now own 2 homes 1 new car daily driver, my 68 vert, my 71 chevelle,2 dogs (bonnie and clyde) married took the wife to hawaii for 2 weeks and so on.
not all folks in trailers are trash or dumb or lazy.but in all honesty the ones that stay there for more than a few years are usually one of the 3!
I also think that political correctness is BS!! I dont cry when someone says white trash or wop (im italian) or lard **** (puttin on a few pounds in my old age!)to me!
I like all types of stereo typical humor and 90 % of all races creeds and colors do to they just dont have the ***** to admit it!

Old 11-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

[sm=exactly.gif] [sm=icon_cheers.gif] [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Like the dog names.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:37 PM

thanx 73shark! they suit the dogs 2 hyper as hell crack head Jack Russles that are always in trouble!! LOL

Old 11-29-2007, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

So, what's the status on the '69?
Have ya talked to the guy yet?
We've kinda just been killin' time, waitin' to hear what ya found out.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:06 AM

I do understand , guys. If you're purple, you can tell purple jokes. I also feel that all the political correctness is bull**** and apologies are totally uncalled for-what I meant by having old time ideas. I just felt that afew of the jokes were alittle "hard-hittin'. " If we were all hangin' out in a bunch and just shootin' the **** about 'Vettes, which is how I feel when I post a message in a topic where all you guys are commenting also, and someone came up with a joke like that, I'dstop and say something about it. Not in a ****ty way, just mention that it was alittle hard hittin', like I did here. (The WOP jokes LOL I also understand, it's in my family and for Thanksgiving I fixed up the turkey but also meat ***** and rigatoni and stuffed peppers-all from scratch, my mother's recipe.) And then the topic would continue on...just hope you guys understand where I'm coming from, not from somewhere ****ty. And it would be nice if we, someday, really did get to stand in a bunch and hang out and talk cars. Cool?

Old 11-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

We're Cool, Texas! [sm=icon_rock.gif]
I understand and apologise for any offence.

How do ya get a one armed "Red Neck" out of a tree?
Ya wave at him! [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

So, what's the deal on the '69?

Quick Reply: worth of a 69 coupe ?