5.56%
I wish I had a Corvette
5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Would you do it again?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Default RE: Would you do it again?

Just trying to post with my pic. Please bear with me.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:13 PM

If i were to get another one i will deffinately find one with a good interior. I am not a fan of having to deal with the seats carpet dash and all the other stuff

Old 12-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jwerkjr

Just trying to post with my pic. Please bear with me.
Let me know if I can help.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

You forgot one:

O-------All of the above

And the last one should be "I wish I had another vette." LOL! ...can never have tooooo many!, ....Right?

I love fixing cars when I don't have too. I only get aggravated when I have to have the car to get around. I guess that's why I have "a few" cars. LOL! That way I am never left hangin'. and always enjoy fixing them. Cheers.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:03 AM

HOLY S___!!!!!!!! DeeVee. You've really been through it. You must really know the C3 inside out. That's the longest "gone through it" list I've seen on this site yet. I don't thinnk anyone will match that anytime soon. Surely it runs and drives like you want it.

ksvette, You mentioned a reallyvaluable and untouchablebenefit from turning your own wrenches which is, meeting some really good people along the way. This is a very true statement and one that shouldn't be ignored. Ofcourse there are some dirt-***** in any group, but there are alot of very helpful, well informed colorful and talented techniciansamong the world of "motorheads," especially when it comes to Corvettes. Just look at this site for example, and we're only talking. Imagine if we were all in the same town or city what associations andrelationships would be formed and what eventswould take place. Infact, this again brings to mind the suggestioin I made about us possibly meeting up somewhere this coming year sometime just to get together and possibly take in a "Vette/car show" in the process.

***What do you guys think of giving some thought to "meeting up.?"

Old 12-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Banned

Yes Texas Jim, I have been through it. I feel like I know my car pretty well. I don't always turnmy ownwrenches but I am always at the shop when the car is getting worked on, and I get my hands dirty too. If I did all my own wrenching I would never get her on the road, maybe because I don't even have a garage to work in ormaybe because I am a procrastinator. Sometimes you just gotta pay to play!

I do like the idea of us getting together for a meet. It is not an easy task seeing as how we are so far spread out. I did take a cross country trip last summer, from NJ to Az., to visit a Corvette buddy from another site. I found out that my new friend has cancer, so it was important to make the trip sooner rather than later.

If any of you are ever planning a trip, let us know. We can make arrangements to meet, share a meal, offer assistance or whatever else comes up along the way. We have plenty of time during the winter months to discuss the possibilities!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 12-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Meet and greet? Sounds good to me...unless I'm one of the dirtballs, LOL! .....I hope not, but you never know.

I believe this was discussed once before here but kinda fell by the wayside. Sure would be a neat thing to do.

And like DV8 said.....anyone passing thru middle TN. is welcome to stop for a visit. Cheers

Old 12-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Ya, it fell out due to the great distances. Like Blueshark says, if you're ever in my neck of the woods, stop by.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Location: Millbrook,Alabama....Slap dab in the middle of God's Country

Did anyone make it to Severville,Tn. this year?
I was there a few weeks ago, saw advertising for a corvette event. Should have changed my business trip a couple of days and hung around. Maybe next time.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:52 AM

I do realize the "distance" situation. I have two kids at home, the youngest only 8, so traveling in the 'Vette means the kids stay with their grandparents for that time. Even with my wife and I, there's a limited amount of space for luggage. I do enjoy driving and we usually take a trip, atleast every other year, (w/ the exception of the two plus years we lived in Puerto Rico) from Texas, over to N.C., then up the east coast to New York. Same route each time.
Even if we all wouldn't make a trip, for example, and meet in the middle of the country, what about a "relay" of sorts where from say the "east coast" over as far as Pennsylvania or Kentucky, depending on where the next few site members are, meet the next group (?# of members) the next leg being from there over to the west side of Tennessee or so, from there to somewhere in Texasthen on over to Arizona... We could work it like a relay and divide the mileage up evenly where no group would have to travel more than say a shortday in one direction. Sincewe do understand that we all have obligations and most likely we would have more success with shorter trips for the each of us and atleast this way we could even relay items, if we wanted, to other site members through one another. It could be a realy across the country. It could link us all together through one another. I think that maybe the "relay" could be successful due to it taking less time and expense where the long trip and meeting up at a central point in the country probably would never happen, like you guys said that happened before. We could even have the relay stops at a site member's house along the way. As I write, the relay sounds neater and neater to me. We could drive our 'Vettes, only use a day to make it happen and actually link each other up through one another. What do you guys think about it??????

Quick Reply: Would you do it again?