Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

$10k to spend...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Default RE: $10k to spend...

I wonder where "grandpa" went. Hasn't signed back on...Guess were to childish and Imature for his high class self. Oh well, Id rather be white trash and happy then rich and have 0 friends!

Old 04-14-2007, 11:31 AM

I like doing things myself but for your engine strip it down to the shortblock and take it to a shop to be vatted and the oil passages swept, crank gauged and rods shotpeened and rebore cylinders and replace cam bearings.
My first rebuild I neglected the cam bearing's and broke a cam after a year .
consult edlebrocks web site and they have formulas and matching parts to achieve the power you want.
Personally I would spend the money on a later model ram jet 350 with the module that runs the engine on the intake and put the old engine full of oil away in the garage.
Of course you will blow a large portion of your budget.
Back to your engine either get the heads rebuilt for as little as $150.00 or go with aftermarket heads for as little as $500.00.
Exhaust, as much as I like to cruse I would invest in a good set of headers and a good stock replacement exhaust and a really good stereo and the famous Bose speakers. Where I live you don't ride around in the summer without Air Conditioning and vettes are really hot especially ones with the hatch back window.
All stuff to think about so decide how you intend to drive it , performance or cruising and " Get R Done "
The main thing is have fun doing it.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:51 AM

I forgot the notorious crossfire system. Personally I would find a spot under a work bench but you can send it out to be built up were it most likely warped and filled up with carbon.
It will work right but it has to be checked with a straight edge and cleaned and the gaskets replaced. They are fixable of course if you want to rebuild stock.
I think an aftermarket setup with a module to run it , maybe even programmable for tuning along with a built overdrive tranny cause with the price of gas set to go up and Ethanol being the low performance stuff it is then tuning in the future will be a plus for performance.
It's about time to look for performance additives on this site real soon as I have already had a run in with gas going bad in as little as four months and the stuff depending on where you live will get worse if Congress and the Supreme Court have anything to say about it
And they bothdo and have!

Old 04-14-2007, 01:47 PM

[sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 04-15-2007, 12:38 PM

Keep the 10 k sell the Vettte and get a Viper

Old 04-16-2007, 10:55 AM

Oh no not another Dodge Dealer on a Corvette site !
Nothing wrong with a viper but not many on here have one.
Although ten cylinders seems like overkill and more expence since they don't seem to add any better balance/ harmonics characteristics.
The same HP can be achieved by a V 8.
Personally I like them both but don't listen to me because I am certifiably a car nut.
If I was rich I would be a combination Reggie Jackson, Jay Leno, and the tool time guy!
I cried right along with Reggie when his warehouse full of muscle cars burned.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:20 PM

LOL. Good bye, good roddance to the old fart![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 05-01-2007, 10:29 PM

You go boy!!!

Old 05-01-2007, 10:42 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Superdzzz

LOL. Good bye, good roddance to the old fart![sm=icon_cheers.gif]
[/quote

[sm=happybounce.gif]