Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

12 minute DIY A/C recharge.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Default RE: 12 minute DIY A/C recharge.

Your probably right about China there Dans87, the S.O.B.'s don't give a hoot about the rest of the world, they sure have played a big part in our Michigan economy going down the toilet, I can imagine things up there in Buick City aren't to good.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:40 AM

ORIGINAL: 78buckshot

Your probably right about China there Dans87, the S.O.B.'s don't give a hoot about the rest of the world, they sure have played a big part in our Michigan economy going down the toilet, I can imagine things up there in Buick City aren't to good.
Your right on with that. The original Buick City is long gone and torn down into a couple square mile parking lot with a lot of weeds. The components plants, on the same complex, are still open for a couple more years.

Obviously I'm real close to the automotive industry, I wonder how many people realize that CHINA took one of our cars five years ago and stripped it down and measured every component and then built there own version. You can actually switch parts with the CHERY (chinese) brand and the GM cars and we can't do a thing about it. And by the way, watch out because CHERY is scheduled to start importing cars to the states this year. Rumored to have a full size SUV's loaded for around 10K. Should put the final nail in the coffin for the US auto industry. So much for fair trade and politicians helping our country I guess.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:56 AM

The real fight that we have on our hands is trying to educate the consumer, this country can produce anything we could ever want or need. I know this comment will upset some folks but I'm upset that people choose to buy imports, and I'm not just talking about auto's, but if folks would refuse to purchace an import vehical that alone would turn things around for this great country.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:42 PM

I think I have 5 or 6 cans still. I think I'll try recharging mine b4 I switch over.

Yeah, that magnifying glass they call a rear hatch does wonders to the carpeting also.

For now I lay those window shades over the carpet because when I bought her the had her parked outside for months in the sun and the carpeting looks like it is burned in areas (literally blackened).

But as I've said I have the new carpeting kit from MidAm and will heavily tint after the install.

I used to have the a/c evacuation and reinstallation kit with oil aerosol can but can't find it.

Maybe I can trade someone a 1987 Factory Service manual with Parts Book on CD for one

Old 07-09-2007, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: 78buckshot

The real fight that we have on our hands is trying to educate the consumer, this country can produce anything we could ever want or need. I know this comment will upset some folks but I'm upset that people choose to buy imports, and I'm not just talking about auto's, but if folks would refuse to purchace an import vehical that alone would turn things around for this great country.

[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

[sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif]

[sm=usa.gif][sm=usa.gif][sm=usa.gif]

Sure do wish that everyone shared our feelings. I am sick and tired of seeing jobs, factories, manufacturers, etc... leaving the country. Out-sourcing to India [:@]

Everything is made in China, Thailand, or some other friggin country. Even the 4th of July decorations we were putting up were all made elsewhere. I couldn't believe it.[:'(]

End of my rant for the day, maybe....

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

See Avatar......[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-10-2007, 01:04 PM

Very NICE

Old 07-10-2007, 09:21 PM

Oh man. The FIRST post in this thread was [sm=sleeping.gif].......Yawn. Thanks. One of the best naps I had in forever. I hate china. I hate india. I hate everywhere that aint the U.S. Heck, I hate some people on here.[sm=rant.gif]

Old 07-10-2007, 09:39 PM

Work hard!

Speak our language!

Enter legally!

Vote-out the b*stards that allow our jobs to leave the country!

AOK

SERIOUSLY......................................... .................................

BTW: I do not EVER discriminate based on race, sex, origin, religion, color, sexual preferrences or anything for that matter.....

Old 07-10-2007, 10:04 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: Black86vette

Oh man. The FIRST post in this thread was [sm=sleeping.gif].......Yawn. Thanks. One of the best naps I had in forever. I hate china. I hate india. I hate everywhere that aint the U.S. Heck, I hate some people on here.[sm=rant.gif]
[sm=boohoo.gif][&o][sm=smiley19.gif]

Someone PM the kid and tell him he missed page 1.

[sm=boohoo.gif][&o][sm=smiley19.gif]

Quick Reply: 12 minute DIY A/C recharge.