Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Another problem found and solved.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 09:32 PM
Default Another problem found and solved.

I have posted about my digidash going haywire and my CD player was skipping. Found out why. I bought a rebuilt AC Delco alternator from Advance autoparts. Apparently whoever was supposed to rebuild it did not repair the brushings correctly. Me and my dad were playing with it a little bit ago and took it apart. The wire that goes in the brushing has been pulled out. Thats why it was acting up so bad. We are in the process of trying to fix it until monday when some new brushings arrive.....Dont trust anyone on rebuilt parts![&:]

Old 03-31-2007, 10:15 PM
Default RE: Another problem found and solved.

The alternator would cause your CD to skip?

Old 04-01-2007, 11:41 AM

Not the CD. The actual music like on the radio. I dont know how to explain it. Where the wire goes into the brushing, there was a little thread that we managed to reconnect and then put it together. It was fine then. But then apparently the thread broke, then the radio started skipping and the lights flickering and now the battery wont charge. It stays at like 11 volts.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:31 PM

Gotcha.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:40 PM

Your certified. Do you know why this problem occured and why the brushes were not repaired properly? Its acdelco....

Old 04-01-2007, 07:47 PM

Hey 86, take the alternator back for warranty replacement, or if they won't do that just buy another & give the old one back as the core.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:50 PM

No waranty. Already started the project. Well my dad has. I have school tomorrow so he went out today and bought some brushes from NAPA. He will reinstall them tomorrow.[&:]

Old 07-03-2007, 10:34 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: LeesVette

Gotcha.
Gotcha? HMMMPH! Alternator make the radio skip?

This kid's posts are splittin' my sides wide open[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]. They're a gargantuan comedy of error. This is better than Moe, Larry , and Curley. (well, okay, moe, larry, and shemp).

and why'd ya put the hit on the kid's heater core - huh? Ya' meany[sm=boosign.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif] .

Old 07-04-2007, 06:16 PM

Hey cwb, stop riding him, he's only a kid. He may not know alot about vettes. I'm 50 and neither do I.
Atleast he human not like you, someone who crawled out from under a rock. Educate him and stay off his ***.... This kid is loyal to the board and the fellow vetters here. You've only been here since 05/13/2007 and I already don't like you.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: cwb

ORIGINAL: LeesVette

Gotcha.
Gotcha? HMMMPH! Alternator make the radio skip?

This kid's posts are splittin' my sides wide open[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]. They're a gargantuan comedy of error. This is better than Moe, Larry , and Curley. (well, okay, moe, larry, and shemp).

and why'd ya put the hit on the kid's heater core - huh? Ya' meany[sm=boosign.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif] .
I was wrong which makes your right. It was not my alternator like I thought. My alternator was bad though. Got a new Acdelco and its been fine since. The problem was I had a aftermarket radio and teh shop that put it in said there was suppose to be a metal "shield" or something so the distributor wouldnt cause interference. I had a metal box made and put it in and boom its been great. This thread was back in march....My problem has been solved since this thread was started. IT WAS A SHIELD NOT THE ALTERNATOR. Heatercore? Sorry but my heat DOES in fact work.

Quick Reply: Another problem found and solved.