Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

blower motor problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 02:33 AM
Default blower motor problems

well a month or so ago i was fixing a problem with my radiator fan and wile i was diagnosing the prob i did something to the blower motor relay that made it stick on once or twice. so that finally workd it self out and now a month later im having problems with my blower motor. so my first idea was umm let e go pick up a new relay right...? well i did that and its still not working im in cookville tn right now without many tools but i can gt ahold of most anything i need from a autozone or something. well any help would be great

Old 08-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: blower motor problems

Do you have ATC, which is Automatic Temp Control? If so, then you have a blower control module that is electronic and has a transistor that controls blower ground.

Old 08-27-2006, 11:47 AM

no no atc just the manual ive tape on the side of the motor and it seems to runfor a sec sometimes so i guess the motr is jut goin bad. now im just trying to figure out how to replace it i guess or maybe i can buy new brushes for the motor either way its gotta come out gues that could be a problem idk how it omes out

Old 08-27-2006, 05:42 PM

See one of my earlier posts about aftermarket relays that are much heftier than oem and kick on at a lower templ

Old 08-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Don't think a bad motor is the cause, it has to have power to run, so look at that end of it.

Old 08-29-2006, 08:56 AM
Default a/c problem

I was refered to you by another member who indicated you may have more info on the 99-HVAC no comm. I have done the basic test for power, ground, serial data wires to control head are good. The brown wire from the ign on to the control head does not power up with key on it remains grd. Got tired after that and quit. So what do you think? [sm=thanx.gif]

Old 08-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: a/c problem

When you say the wire is "grounded", the brown wire is a power source and if it is truly grounded then the HVAC 10a mini fuse would be blown. If the fuse is good and you have no power across the fuse, then suspect the ignition switch. Get back to me on what you find.

Old 08-29-2006, 11:02 PM

what i mean by grd is test light shows grd with key off or on. I have power across the fuse and to org power all the time wire. The blk grd also shows good. I did aply power to the brn wire and it showed to draw power but nothing on the panel. I really do not want to buy parts i do not need as they are not cheap. Is there a test for the control head to see if it is good? [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 08-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Is your test light clipped to positive side or negative on battery? Sometimes test lights will fool you. If you have a volt meter, that is better for testing. Also, is the connector plugged into the control or unplugged? If you have power across the HVAC fuse, not the HVACCON fuse, and not at the control assy., then you might have a wire broke. I am referring to the brown wire which should have power with key on. Does your car have manual controls or ATC?[8D]

Old 08-30-2006, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

I sent you a PM with a wiring diagram attached for ATC car, if manual let me know and will send other. [8D]

Quick Reply: blower motor problems