Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

A/C

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 09:18 PM
Default A/C

I have an 87 Vette and it seems as though the electronic A/C is not blowing as fully as it should. Also, the air is not coming from the same areas as those selected(defrost, heat, econ, etc). I had the A/C recharged, but it seems to take awhile for the weak airflowto come out real cold. I also replaced a broken front air sensor in front of the condenser.
By looking at the dash, it certainly looks like someone has been working on something behind the front dash panels, which is not a good sign.Is this a system with vacuum or electrically operated doors? Any opinions or help? Thanks

Old 12-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Default RE: A/C

Hello,my friend! I'm not sure if you have anything vacuum-operated or electric,but maybe you do have a problem inside and underneath your dash,if you're not getting the proper airflow.I believe there may be some little doors,if you will,that may not be responding to your commands from the control panel,you never know.Hopefully,this will not be a costly repair,but with our Vettes,well,you never know.Good luck and Merry Christmas!!! Joe

Old 12-24-2006, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: A/C

Sounds like your mode door actuator is not working. Fun to change. Good luck. [8D]