Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

C4 build sheet

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Default C4 build sheet

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to find what options were included on our car at build time? I heard a few years back there was a way to contact GM with your VIN number, and they might be able to get a build sheet or something like that out to you... just wondering if anyone knew anything about this sorta thing?

Old 07-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Default RE: C4 build sheet

i dont know what any of them mean, but on my car there is a codes list on the inside of the arm rest console. i was told about that earlier this year

Old 07-24-2006, 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4

i dont know what any of them mean, but on my car there is a codes list on the inside of the arm rest console. i was told about that earlier this year
I'll just bet if you cross-reference those numbers you'll find out the options that were on your car at build time!! *scratches goatee* Hmm, I wonder if our '87 has those too somewhere on the car? Time to go searchin'.....

Old 07-25-2006, 12:51 AM

You can get a build sheet here:

https://store.corvettemuseum.com/ser...buildsheet.asp

Also the RPO codes are either under the center console lid or under the lid of one of the rear storage containers.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: LeesVette

Also the RPO codes are either under the center console lid or under the lid of one of the rear storage containers.
You, sir, you are my hero! You can even order the original window sticker!! THAT'S cool!! Thanks kindly for that link, and I will check for the RPO codes later this afternoon... see if I can learn anything about our car today.

Thanks again!!

Old 07-27-2006, 01:06 AM

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

You, sir, you are my hero! You can even order the original window sticker!! THAT'S cool!! Thanks kindly for that link, and I will check for the RPO codes later this afternoon... see if I can learn anything about our car today.

Thanks again!!
You very welcome. Pass it on some time.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:29 PM

You very welcome. Pass it on some time.
I surely will!! I did find all the RPO codes under my centre console yesterday... gonna run 'em today or tomorrow and see what Beastie is packin'... next month I am going to order up the full kit-n-kaboodle there... build sheet, original window sticker, original brochure.... it's gonna be awesome to have all those docs for the car. Thanks so kindly Lee...

Old 07-28-2006, 02:20 PM

Oh man, that was cool! I am still totally gonna order the build sheets and window sticker and all that... but, I did a quick run of the RPO codes and found:
-we've got a heavy duty radiator: what is the difference between the normal one and a heavy duty one?
-oil cooler: COOL! I was plannin' on gettin' one, so yeh... don't need to now..
-3.06 gears: can't believe my luck there.. that's the ratio I woulda ordered had I been factory orderin' Beastie back in the day

There's a few others of interest... I'll check 'em out in more detail and post anything interestin' here....

Old 12-22-2006, 12:52 PM

Hi!! Have you considered calling the National Corvette Museum? If you send them your vin,they will send you your car's complete history,right down to the sheet the factory workers put in front of the car as its traveling down the line to let them know what options,if any,it had. They'll tell you which number your car was out of total produced for your year and everything.You can even get,like I did,a copy of the actual window sticker to exactly match your car.Heck,while you're at it,become a member!! I did,and its a lot of fun.Then someday,DRIVE your Vette to the museum and realyy enjoy yourself!! I SURE DID!!! Good luck!!

Old 12-22-2006, 01:36 PM

Go to www.corvetteactioncenter.com and you should find 1984-1996 Corvette RPO Codes. Compare them to your option sheet (which like someone already said should be on the console door or one of the rear storage doors). This will give you just about everything. What isn't there you can get from a GM dealer. I had to do that for the interior trim numbers. It's a little work but kind of interesting.

Quick Reply: C4 build sheet