Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

C4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: C4 Forum

All original, cept no 302. Muncie 4 speed, 3:73 12 bolt Auburn Gear, Edlebrock Victor Jr. heads and intake, Hyperutec Pistons, gapless rings, 292 Comp cam on 350 small block. Soon the top end is going on a 383 stroker. Woot!

Old 09-01-2006, 02:57 PM

Oh God, mech, that is just unreal.... you've got a REAL special piece of history there, bro, hang onto her with all your might. Your Camaro would be the ONLY OTHER CAR in the world that I'd ever consider next to our Vette.

I've got about $6000 worth of rare diecast 69 Camaro's in our garage in a carefully packed box. Including one of the fabled COPO ZL1 with the aluminum 427 in it.

I've got your car, too (diecast). Expect it's in LeMans Blue....[8D]

Old 09-01-2006, 06:03 PM

Hey mech... In my job, i am going to be promoted (my boss is my neighbor so he tells me these things ahead of time) to a position where i will be making more money. Once i pay off the loans that i have on my car and engine work, i am thinking about just taking the original 350 that it has in it out and buying a complete motor from one of these sites on the internet. Now, i was thinking about a 383. this is the site i found.

http://www.corvette-engines.com/

I dont want to be cheap on this project but i also dont want to be raped by high prices. With the work that youve done to your vehicles, would you say that this site that i have shown you is offering a good product. That is, just by what they are saying on the site. Now, this probably wont happen for about another year, but i just want the most for my car. I was thinking about going high compression, but my friend keeps informing me that this would be a bad idea because there is nowhere around here that sells gas good enough for a high compression motor. But if i go low compression, i MAY want to s/c it but thats where i myself disagree with myself lol. I think that naturally aspirated horsepower is the way to go and that turbo and s/c and nitrous and everything else is just cheap. Meaning, i want to do it how they did it in the old days when they still had true muscle cars such as the Novas and the Chevelles. Anyway, if you dont like that site, can you recommend one to me. I dont trust any of the shops around here. They are all out just to make a buck so i would rather get this from somewhere out of state. Thanks

Old 09-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like a legitimate place. Are you going to retain injection system or go carb?

Old 09-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

Where did you get your die casts? I've got pretty good collection too, but not that much. Mine consists more of older Chevy iron. I'm building my full size Chevy collection and Corvette's. I am interested in the COPO.

Old 09-02-2006, 03:54 AM

As it would no longer be a daily driver after i switched the motor, i would definately go carb. I just think that carb. is the way to go. There are too many electronics and everything in todays cars and i would just rather have less room for error by removing stuff like injectors and everything that could foul up later down the road. Only problem is i would need to get a bit of a larger hood. Just like a semi-cowl so that the distributor and the carb would fit underneath. But i definately want that muscle car chop... I can hear it now lol. I dream WAY too much!

Old 09-02-2006, 07:28 AM

Going carb????? Why do you want to do that? I get that you dont like the FI system, but have you weighed the pros and cons?

Old 09-02-2006, 11:28 AM

Well raisin, i thought i had already done that but apparently you might know something more than me, and you probably do so would you please enlighten me. Because i always look at it as though the less moving parts you having, the less that could go wrong. Also, FI is electronic, hence the E in EFI (im sure you knew that, im just stating it for no reason ) and electronics can fail at any moment. Fuel injectors have also been known to seize or foul up on a regular basis. I understand that a carb. could also foul up, but i think that as long as its only one part, it probably wouldnt be hard to replace or work on. But, i would like to hear your thoughts raisin, thats why i posted something about this. So, please let me know your opinion and ill be glad to listen. Thanks

Old 09-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

94, Did you get all that stuff cleared up with the jamoke that messed up you car?

Old 09-02-2006, 08:21 PM

Haha, i am still working on that right now. I am assuming that they are the reason i am considering just buying a whole new motor and then when i take the current motor out, just get a TRUSTED mechanic to work on it and then put the 350 in something else. Just buy an old car or something and beef up the 350 a bit more to put it in there.

I am still waiting for raisins reply because for some reason i have just always thought a carb. motor was more powerful. If there are good reasons for me not to get a carb. motor, can someone inform me please because i dont want to go about this the wrong way and waste my money if im not going to be happy. Thanks guys

Quick Reply: C4 Forum