Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

C4 Horrible Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Default Solved the problem

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate all the feedback you gave me. It seems I had multiple problems at the same time. First, my battery was faulty and that is what was giving me the SYS light flashing. Next, a coil burned out (I believe it was an ignition coil or something like that). Then, the fuel pump was the next thing I replaced. So all three of these things just happened to go out near the same time and that was why so many problems were happening. I am so happy my car is running smooth again like a new...Again, thank you for your help.

Will

Old 11-20-2009, 07:03 AM

Thats great ! You need a budy or you need to get a few Items cause these cars are getting old !
Start with a FSM [ Factory Service Manual ] so you can read codes .
I'm assuming you did that origionally but remember the code on these cars is not always the problem but something up the chain went out causing the sys light to read a fault.

Since I have two 95's I have accumulated some good Ign. parts replaced while still running.
I put a lot of aftermarket parts on the Hot Rod .

Your car is at the place where if it hasn't been done it needs a tuneup soon consisting of Cap & Rotor and a new seal ring for the OPTI and Plugs , Wires and Water Pump .

Get on the forums and find a buddy near you who is a Gearhead with a garage and tools and have a good time.

Last edited by larry00; 11-20-2009 at 07:08 AM.