Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

c5 body upgrade kiy

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 06:46 AM
Default RE: c5 body upgrade kiy

in my opinion (i know everyone has one!) the c4 is the cleanest, finest vette since the split window. my first vette was a '67 convertible. when i started shopping this time (30+ years later) i looked at c3's, c4's & c5's.

Again, in my opinion, the c4 was the one!!

I have to agree with "notorious", why mess up a good c4... if you want a vette that looks like a c5, get a c5...

keep the wave and the dream alive

[IMG]local://upfiles/4063/EAE58BCF5A6E4D47B4D563C700193C30.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-11-2007, 11:21 AM

So Black86vette, did you do the CORRECT thing and get the hole fix?

Many people customize their vehicles with add ons. Most don't add value but when people try and sell them they want to recoup that money BUT it actually detracts from the value.

My 89 is approaching 19 years old, right now I just like keeping it stock with minor upgrades like a better exhaust when the original needs replacing, more current material when originals wear out. I laugh when I see a tricked out or pimped out C4 that runs like sh*t.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:29 PM

ORIGINAL: seen_alot

So Black86vette, did you do the CORRECT thing and get the hole fix?

Many people customize their vehicles with add ons. Most don't add value but when people try and sell them they want to recoup that money BUT it actually detracts from the value.

My 89 is approaching 19 years old, right now I just like keeping it stock with minor upgrades like a better exhaust when the original needs replacing, more current material when originals wear out. I laugh when I see a tricked out or pimped out C4 that runs like sh*t.
My 86 can kick a LT1s ***. Yea, I trick mine out but right now its running pretty damn strong. I do not care what I get for it because I am keeping it for a long time. Im making it nice for me. If someone dont like it, dont buy it. Im not expecting to get my moneys worth out of it. Ive already spend over 7,000 dollars in repairs and modifactions both horsepower wise and looks. Not anything big under the hood but my old L-98 will give the new GTs a asslicking. Nope, holes still there. I was qouted at 2500 for it to get fixed. I will wait a lil bit longer until I do some more mods that I like.

Just to name a few of my smallermods: intake has been upgraded FULLY, upgraded exaust, timing is at 6* Relocate maf sensor, underdrive pullys,...hmm wonder what else is under there with a teenage driver...All tune up parts are upgraded as I go along.[8D]

Now I am going straight for cosmetics but the hood is definatley close on the agenda. I am hoping to get some headers put on and then a professional dyno tune. This guy can get 20 ponies out of a completly stock motor. Anyone wants to race, I'm ready to wax your car once I get the tune and headers on hehe. As for my interior, its nice and unique. Exterior is too. .[sm=nxsmile.gif]

Plus lots of repairs along with a new cooling system which the radiator is upgraded from the p.o.s. factory and same with the waterpump.

In case you didnt, the new GTs have 300 ponies. Dang, my old car can beat them? gosh. Stoplight to stoplight I whipped 3 of there asses over the course since I had these mods on. So [:'(][:'(][:'(]to them. Yea, I bet they feel stupid getting beat my a old piece of crap huh.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:57 AM
cwb

ORIGINAL: Black86vette

86 vette that will SMOKE...
If your car smokes, get the patch.

Nicoderm CQ Stop Smoking Patches

SmithKline Beecham consumer site detailing the use of "the patch".

It's an add-on, not a repair. Right up your alley.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:31 PM

My 86 can kick a LT1s ***.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ut/bsmeter.gif
Really? I know people running very solid 12s with only good traction, optimized gearing and of course excellent driving abilities. Are you telling us that your '86 can deal with that? Or even with a decent average LT1 running 13.30-40s? We'll want to see time slips.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:55 PM

Never said a "modded" one. I will kick ur cars *** because you cant drive WORTH A DAMN. My car stock would blow your doors off.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Notorious

My 86 can kick a LT1s ***.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ut/bsmeter.gif
Really? I know people running very solid 12s with only good traction, optimized gearing and of course excellent driving abilities. Are you telling us that your '86 can deal with that? Or even with a decent average LT1 running 13.30-40s? We'll want to see time slips.

I take that back. Right now my car can't do nummin. If your L-T1 is SOOO bad, then put down your pink. You and cwb live in the same state. Go all out gentleman. Two L-T1s I get? DANG! My luck is good. "heavily" modified L-T1? Sorry but rims dont count. I know none of my mods are off the chart but its better than nothing. If my car would stop breaking for unanimous reasons........Hmm.......................... It only breaks when I say it's running good. Im still waiting for a race date? Id like to get this on video. Later....I want it at night so my "blue" neons will look good on the camera.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:12 PM

As always Black86vette, you amuse me.... If you're ever in NC and see a dark LT1 coupe with a roll bar and black wheels, you'd be well advised to tread lightly. All throttle, no bottle....

Old 07-13-2007, 09:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Notorious

As always Black86vette, you amuse me.... If you're ever in NC and see a dark LT1 coupe with a roll bar and black wheels, you'd be well advised to tread lightly. All throttle, no bottle....
Ahh as always Na-Snorious.[sm=sleeping.gif], you make no sense. I LIVE IN NORTH CAROLINA. DUH!!![sm=icon_rofl.gif]You openly new that. Ok. I got chrome rims, So what. Don't count...roll bar? adds more weight...haha.....[sm=gears.gif]Buzz right by you....

Old 07-14-2007, 01:44 PM

Ahh as always Na-Snorious.[sm=sleeping.gif], you make no sense. I LIVE IN NORTH CAROLINA. DUH!!![sm=icon_rofl.gif]You openly new that. Ok. I got chrome rims, So what. Don't count...roll bar? adds more weight...haha.....[sm=gears.gif]Buzz right by you....
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/CoreyTKE/wow.jpg

I openly "new" that? Gosh, I can't believe I could forget such an important and relevant fact. Now I'll be living in fear daily that I might run up against your awesome car. What, you've got the airfoil and everything, right?[sm=helpout.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif] We're not worthy, we're not worthy......[sm=hail.gif] [sm=loser.gif]