Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Dash Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 01:35 PM
Default Dash Brake Light

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I have a 92 convertible and have been plagued with a dash brake light that will not go out. My mechanic has checked the brakes (no sensor), bled the brakes, changed the e-brake switch (twice), checked that the master pressure sensor reset (the switch under the sensor), checked for codes (there were none) and replaced brake switch under lower dash panel; all this and I still have a glowing brake light. Maybe related: I had my wheels refinished and after bleeding the brakes the asr lights lit up (this was solved by cleaning the speed sensors). My mechanic has now given up and thought it could be an electronics issue. Does anyone have any clues? I'd appreciate the help - many thanks.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

You'll need to find out what causes the computer to turn the lite on. If your dealer has a competent Corvette tech, you might have him look it up.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:53 PM

Thanks, that makes sense, the problem here in north Jersey is finding a competent Corvette tech hat can deal with the electronics. I plan to keep checking around.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:29 AM

If you're talking about the brake light on the DIC and yours is like mine, it can be set by the parking brake. Mine required adjusting the arm on the switch to get it so it wouldn't light when the parking light is not set.

IIRC if you disconnect the wire from the switch it disables that if it's the problem.