Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

diamond in the rough

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Default diamond in the rough

all smile's here, got my corvette running, the dealer broke it off in me, like iknew they would,I detailed the car,from one end to other,about a 8 hour marathon , and she looks half her age., , just a few bugs to work out , first the minor, the the stereo wont take any of my cd, the screen says ,,, error,,, then spits it out, could this be a mp3 player? second , the right headlight make some noise, while opening and closing, then stop, but works fine other then the noise, i look at close, and ajust the stop on the housing, it help alot but the noise this there...., finally, the the major problem, i cant get the tranny into reverse gear just will not enter shifter move freely though the rest of the pattern, and also this car with 159k mile this is the tightest body i have ever seen, im so impress... on how this baby is put together,thanks everyone for your replys im sorry i may have not answer them all but read them all, just some more info on the car options ,car is complete stock beside the tires, its brite red 1992 corvette,it has the black leather lumbar seats, delco bose .traction control, and the sport, touring handling package

Old 11-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Ric
Default RE: diamond in the rough

Hi Hitfence
Glad to here they got it going. Did they reprogram the computer to except the new key and switch or did they bypass the vats? or was it something else? Glad you gother going again.
Ric W.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:47 PM

The stereo needs repair, it is NOT an MP3 player in a 92. The Right headlight probably needs a new motor, if it makes noise it usually is because the plastic gears are stripped and skipping teeth when the headlight closes. On the reverse issue, does it not try to go into reverse, or does it grind? If it grinds the clutch may be dsragging, but if it just does not go to reverse (you are lifting the reverse lockout arent you?) ther is some sort of shift linkage fault.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:55 AM

my head unit does that too..