Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Flowmasters.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Banned
Default RE: Flowmasters.....

I have Flowmasters on my C3 and they are loud! So much so that other peoples car alarms go off when I drive by. I laugh when all the Beemers start chirping at me like that. I did end up installing an "H" pipe and that cut down the staccato pop pop popping sound at the tailpipes - and cut down the droning in the cockpit too. It is still plenty loud, just a little mellower now.

383 Stroker, Edelbrock Performer Air Gap Intake, Holley 750, Headers, Flowmasters, Richmond 5 Speed.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 12-06-2007, 06:29 PM

ORIGINAL: DeeVeeEight

I have Flowmasters on my C3 and they are loud! So much so that other peoples car alarms go off when I drive by. I laugh when all the Beemers start chirping at me like that. I did end up installing an "H" pipe and that cut down the staccato pop pop popping sound at the tailpipes - and cut down the droning in the cockpit too. It is still plenty loud, just a little mellower now.

383 Stroker, Edelbrock Performer Air Gap Intake, Holley 750, Headers, Flowmasters, Richmond 5 Speed.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Now that car alarms going off is right out hilarious. That is something to be proud of. I'd be busting a gut laughing at that.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 12-08-2007, 07:51 AM

I've had Borla's on a number or cars and highly recommend them. The quality is excellant and sounds great without drone.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:30 AM

Hi, I was reading about what u had to say about flowmasters, I want to put some on my 1994 vette, and I am also concerned about cabin noise. Did u go with the super 40's? If so how was the outside sound and the inside sound. thanks
Dale

Old 02-08-2008, 11:45 AM

Dale, The Flowmasters sound good but.............be prepared for a lot of resonance in the cab. If you are stock it will be in the 1500 RPM range. If your car is Auto it will be worse than a manual tranny. I talked with somone at Flowmaster about it and he saidthey (Super 40's) were the wrong mufflers for the car. I should have installed Super 50's. Well duh.....They aren't a whole lot louder than stock IMO. I took them off and got a set of Magnflow axle backs. Resonance not as bad but still there. The Flows look better I think. I have a couple of post at Corvette Forumif you care to read up on this some. Wev's vet is the handle there.

Hope this helps you some.