Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Found the Vacuum leak, Where does it go?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 02:16 AM
Default Found the Vacuum leak, Where does it go?

Hey Guys!

I found the Vacuum leak, its on the pipe the goes to the PCV valve on the driver side of the motor( See Pic ). I place my finger over it and the RPMs drop down, Lots of suction,but I feel it goes some where and this place it goes probally isnt getting the suction it need, therefor causing my problemsI have looked around to see any other missing hoses cant see any. The Shop Manual doesnt say anything about this mystery missing hose either http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...C007141221.jpg

[IMG]local://upfiles/3562/DA79C9194CC1425D92DC7480C9F76B4E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Default RE: Found the Vacuum leak, Where does it go?

Sorry I cannot help, I have a LT1.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

That goes up to the vapor cannister in the left front wheel well. It is the vacuum source for the evaporative emissions assembly. Does your car still have the vacuum diagram on the radiator housing?[8D]

Old 03-16-2007, 11:52 AM

Im going down to the garagenow to check it, No it doesnt have the sticker anymore! This hose missing would be the source of my problems then wouldnt it?

Old 03-16-2007, 03:23 PM

I traced the hoses down by the canister. The only hose that wasnt going somewhere was a hosecoming out of the very bottom of thethe Cylinder shaped emmisions component that is further front., not the bowling ball looking thing. Is this the hose that needs to run up to the crank vacuum tube? Or is this just some kind of a run off waste hose?

Old 03-16-2007, 03:52 PM

IF it is the same one I dealt with, there are two manifold hoses that go into one just above the left side valve cover gasket. The receiving hose is larger and goes straight to the purge canister.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:04 PM

I only see one little vacuum hose on the top of the round one, is there more than one on this that Im not seeing?

Old 03-16-2007, 05:26 PM

My last post wasnt very clear was it. There is only one little vacuum hose at the top of the round canister at thedriver sidein front of the wheel well. The Cylindercanister has a bunch, and seems to go to a electronic relay of some sort bolted right next to it.One hoseat the very bottom of the Cylinderis a piece of tube that is cut off. Is this cut off hose just a waste hose that needs to remain cut, or is this my vacuum leak that needs to go up to the tube just above the left valve cover?

Old 03-16-2007, 06:34 PM

Your motor looks greasy in those crevices just like mine. Thought I was the only one that couldnt clean it up.....Seems everyone elses motor is shiny!![&:]

Old 03-17-2007, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

There should be a couple metal tubes bolted to the frame rail left front. I would just put a vacuum plug on it for right now until you can figure out where it goes. I can take a pic tomorrow and post it for you. [8D]

Quick Reply: Found the Vacuum leak, Where does it go?